• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Re: My Finished Pens Mahogany with 14ct Nib Sections & Sterling Silver Clip and Band

farhanc

Re: My Finished Pens Mahogany with 14ct Nib Sections & Sterling Silver Clip and Band

Hello I have made my pens. I used Mahogany for wood and 14ct gold nib vintage sections and sterling silver for clips and band.

A Vintage pen parts supplier gave me the 14ct nibs, section and all the bits to make the vintage nibs work.

A silver pen parts manufacturer in America supplied with the Sterling silver clips and bands.

A Central London engraver engraved my name into 1 band for me.

I had help from a London wood turner who helped when I got stuck.

The London based wood turner had a wood workshop in his shed, and gave advice , guidance and the use of his workshop. The London wood turner helped finish my pens off as I am novice.

I had a problem as the cap band diameter was slightly smaller than nib section so we decided to put the band at the bottom.

The total cost per pen excluding engraving for £15 was £61.50 including the use of workshop and finishing my pens by the wood turner.

I look forward for comments of aesthetics of my two fountain pens.

yours

Farhan

My 2 pens!.jpg

inside of pen!.jpg

back of pen I made!.jpg

pen 1!.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).