• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Samples out for testing

First Name
Dan
Afternoon All,

Woody, Grump, Chas_41_uk, Bellringer, Buckeye, Neil, Terry, EdLea.

I have posted out the sample to you tonight. When you get them please let me know what you think based on quality & predicted RRP.

Please email me pictures of the completed pens next to the business card i have also sent.

Thank you all for doing this and I look forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks Again

Dan

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Afternoon All,

Woody, Grump, Chas_41_uk, Bellringer, Buckeye, Neil, Terry, EdLea.

I have posted out the sample to you tonight. When you get them please let me know what you think based on quality & predicted RRP.

Please email me pictures of the completed pens next to the business card i have also sent.

Thank you all for doing this and I look forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks Again

Dan

Hi Dan

The kit came today, but there was no card.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Just looked in the envelope with the kits I bought from Dan and there is a card in there so panic over.

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Kit arrived today, with card. Hopefully I'll make it tomorrow evening or Saturday (if her indoors don't moan too much).
Otherwise it will be early next week as we are out on Sunday

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Dan, I was just about to put blanks on the tubes and there are no tubes in the kit. oooops!

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Dan, timberbits has the tubes for Sedona and Baron2 listed as being the same, but I have just tried the Baron2 tubes and they are too tight, I could force them in, but it will more than likely split the blanks. So I will need the tubes for the Sedona before I can make it up.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I think I've got some tubes for a Sedona Peter but there are 2 different sizes I know of, what size drill is is for?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I think I've got some tubes for a Sedona Peter but there are 2 different sizes I know of, what size drill is is for?

I don't know as I don't have the tubes to measure, I could measure the inserts, but that would give me the internal dia of the tube.

Timberbits give the drill sizes for the sedona as 25/64" (or 10mm) and 15/32" but that is the same for the Baron2, so I wonder if these are not the same as Timberbits Sedona.

I was tempted to force fit the inserts into the Baron2 tubes without blanks on, but as it is not my kit I don't want to ruin it and if I buy these kits I want to know that it all fits well.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have just checked and these are not the same Sedona as timberbits stock the TB ones have a bottom finial with a thread to be able to post the cap and also the metal part will unscrew. On Dan's Sedona the bottom finial is all metal and no thread and will not unscrew. They both have the same design centreband.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Should be the same size as the Jnr Gent too init?
Baron Sedona Jnr Gent all same meat just different gravy.

First Name
Dan
I have just checked and these are not the same Sedona as timberbits stock the TB ones have a bottom finial with a thread to be able to post the cap and also the metal part will unscrew. On Dan's Sedona the bottom finial is all metal and no thread and will not unscrew. They both have the same design centreband.

Peter

Don't worry about damaging it. All part of sampling.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I don't know as I don't have the tubes to measure, I could measure the inserts, but that would give me the internal dia of the tube.

Timberbits give the drill sizes for the sedona as 25/64" (or 10mm) and 15/32" but that is the same for the Baron2, so I wonder if these are not the same as Timberbits Sedona.

I was tempted to force fit the inserts into the Baron2 tubes without blanks on, but as it is not my kit I don't want to ruin it and if I buy these kits I want to know that it all fits well.

Peter

Did you get any destructions with it? Dan do you have them for the drill sizes?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).