• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

SCT Collet Set System For Wood Lathe M33 & 1" x 8 TPI

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thankfully there is life after collets but the confusion so far is abysmal while your waiting. In my many sets there are only a few that have seen active service.

I relate this to sets of so many different items in the workshop and tend now to the ones I want.

I am off to a workshop sell off later today.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The collet chuck was delivered today, just the chuck, So I phoned Chronos and they said to use the box, collets and spanners the other one came with and just send them back the incorrect collet chuck which is fine, but it was still missing an insert which the will send tomorrow. The incorrect collet chuck was picked up today, so I should be up and running on the wood lathe tomorrow, not that I will be using it tomorrow.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
I got the Beall one last year and the collets from Axminster for when (yeah still saying this) i start with the kitless .. Couldn't find one in the UK at the time ..

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Surely you will be making a kitless pen for this month's competition or a closed end pen:whistling::whistling:

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The collet chuck was delivered today, just the chuck, So I phoned Chronos and they said to use the box, collets and spanners the other one came with and just send them back the incorrect collet chuck which is fine, but it was still missing an insert which the will send tomorrow. The incorrect collet chuck was picked up today, so I should be up and running on the wood lathe tomorrow, not that I will be using it tomorrow.

Peter

Such a saga for a seemingly simple purchase glad its coming to an end. Under other circumstances this firm would have been burned many times over proving to me all firms deserve this patience.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The insert came earlier today so now my collet chuck system for the wood lathe is complete after first trying to get it in January.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).