• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Shakespeare fountain pen in brown oak

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
The New Shakespeare Fountain pen kit. Dressed in English Brown Oak from The Savill Garden at Windsor great park.29733.jpg29735.jpg

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Nice looking kit and nicely clothed in Oak. Is there a ball pen version of the Kit available?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Very competitive prices for this kit Alex. What a revolution made in your own country . Thanks for showing two of these pens. Strong, well made and look great open for use.

Peter.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Very competitive prices for this kit Alex. What a revolution made in your own country . Thanks for showing two of these pens. Strong, well made and look great open for use.

Peter.

It is good British engineering at its finest

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They are a sliding fit in the tubes

Is there any other kind?

What I was trying to get at is what the tolerance will be, loose, tight, absolutely spot on or something else?

Peter

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Is there any other kind?

What I was trying to get at is what the tolerance will be, loose, tight, absolutely spot on or something else?

Peter

they are a sliding fit so they are not a loose and not tight fit

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
All bushes are a sliding fit, but that doesn't mean they are not a loose or tight fit, I have 3 sets of bushes for the alpha and they are loose to the extent of being useless. I wondered if the bushes for this new pen would be as good a fit as the bushes for the Mistral and the Tempest, I suppose time will tell.

Peter

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
All bushes are a sliding fit, but that doesn't mean they are not a loose or tight fit, I have 3 sets of bushes for the alpha and they are loose to the extent of being useless. I wondered if the bushes for this new pen would be as good a fit as the bushes for the Mistral and the Tempest, I suppose time will tell.

Peter

well a sliding fit is described as H7 g9 that is what they are made to

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).