• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sierra with palm wood

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
IMG_0398.jpg

I'd forgotten what a bugger palm wood was to turn. I lost the first one and salvaged this by using a lot of ca and aluminium fines.

clement

Graduate Member
First Name
Clement
Did you ever tryed it with a very sharp plane. I allways use that tool for difficult woods, soft touch and fine shavings gives a nice finish :winking:

Grasbylee

First Name
Lee
Ooooh, I might have to invest in a Sierra kit that looks great. Never turned palm wood - might start with something easier:wink:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Did you ever tryed it with a very sharp plane. I allways use that tool for difficult woods, soft touch and fine shavings gives a nice finish :winking:

I've never thought of that method Clement. I have a miniature Veritas plane so I may give it a go.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).