• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
I think you could get two and a half pairs of shoes and five pens out of old Smokey, but leave Him be....:funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Would really like to try some from snake sheds though

IMHO second class results mate, reminds me we had a pet Duck forever ago and my wife tamed it like a child. There has never been a roast Duck in our house.

Tell us more about the Snake and where it comes from, I am fascinated by very wary where I live there are few Snakes that are not deadly dangerous so the fear is real.

Your daughter seems quite at ease well done.

Peter.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Yeh I was thinking that the sheds would be a lot duller & boring compared to the real snakeskin, I certainly won't be going down that route, turning naturally shed dear antler is about my limit lol

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Smokey is a 2 year Common 'Boa Constrictor Imperator' originating from Central America but bred in captivity over hear in the UK, we also have 2 Royal Pythons (Marmite & Custard) and a Cornsnake called Marmalade, it's my wife & Katie who are into the snakes! I'm more into my little furry shih-tzu lol

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Smokey is a 2 year Common 'Boa Constrictor Imperator' originating from Central America but bred in captivity over hear in the UK, we also have 2 Royal Pythons (Marmite & Custard) and a Cornsnake called Marmalade, it's my wife & Katie who are into the snakes! I'm more into my little furry shih-tzu lol

What size do theygrow to mate I have visions.

Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

Peter.

They average between 1.3 m and 2.5 m in length when fully grown, but have been known to reach 3.7 m,They usually weigh around 6 kg, although females are significantly larger than males. Lifespan in the wild is around 20–30 years, but 40 can be exceeded in captivity.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul

Peter.

They average between 1.3 m and 2.5 m in length when fully grown, but have been known to reach 3.7 m,They usually weigh around 6 kg, although females are significantly larger than males. Lifespan in the wild is around 20–30 years, but 40 can be exceeded in captivity.

We where assured from the breeder that because of his genetics he won't grow any bigger than about 4.5 - 5 ft he's prob about 5ft now, as Peter says they can reach about 13ft (sorry I'm still in ft & inches lol)

Do you have snakes Peter?

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
When we got them just under 2 years ago a could probably say I was scarred of snakes, but they do grow on you & you do get very attached to them

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
whoops seems to turn portrait pictures as landscape!!!

I recon the girls will be waking up to see if santa has brought them anything, so I had better go & jump in the shower!

Merry Christmas Everyone

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
We where assured from the breeder that because of his genetics he won't grow any bigger than about 4.5 - 5 ft he's prob about 5ft now, as Peter says they can reach about 13ft (sorry I'm still in ft & inches lol)

No not ever on a visit to one of our daughters my Grandson said please do not push too hard back in the lounge our Snake (a type of Python) is in there somewhere, this my closest encounter up to then.

About twenty 5 yrs ago I was buying my Metal Lathe from the University I worked in then as a Sparky, waiting outside in the office area for the Admin guy I was dealing with next to me was a dry few sticks mounted on a stand. I thought oh well it takes all things to amuse people. A long wait and one of the sticks moved it seemed in slow motion. Apparently he kept Snakes at home and at work, I tried to be terribly brave but was angry there was no sign warning people like me. Very colourful but scary as. I got my lathe that day.

Keeping Snakes in our area requires heated rocks, good ventilation and a strong desire to do so none of these appeal to me. One of the saddest sites recently at our Zoo was seeing a spectacular huge screaming strong coloured Snake all alone coiled up in a little room all its own I would estimate at least 20 feet long, Between Aquariums with flashing movement, such a contrast for me.The transition for you I will bet was not easy. Pic below of the 1960,s Hercus Lathe I pursued for a year installed in my Workshop worth the wait..

Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

I have a couple, but Peter hasn't, wonder if he would want one for Christmas.:funny::funny:

I tried to buy another one for the missus for Christmas, but unfortunately no Qantas air freight here.:sob:
Will post some pics of mine later, any chance of some pics of your other snakes?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).