• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sorby pen jaws

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Can you enlighten me more please?

I have the following fittings in ER32 but there are others.
Lathe chuck (backplate fitting), Milling chuck (MT3), Spin indexer with 5C to ER32 adaptor and several square and hexagonal ER32 collet blocks.

If I get a minute I'll take a pic for you.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
56e10e8c85972840d2708ba463db87f1_zpsr5yggae3.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
William you have no idea how many times i wanted to buy a set like the ones you showed and make some one off things. Not enough time now but I believe you made good choices. Thanks for showing mate.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
The collet system is good for metal and hard woods but not something I would recommend for soft woods. I have a collet chuck for my two lathes as it came with an adaptor to take it from 1" X 8 to 3/4" X 16. I would say like most things it has its uses but for blanks that are square or worse out of square not a good way to hold them, as stated before you would need to turn a tenon to suit the collet size you have.

I have this one

Attachments

• DSCF5458.jpg
    DSCF5458.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF5460.jpg
    DSCF5460.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 28

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I wanted to get an MT2 ER32 collet chuck for my Wood Lathe for pen turning but it was nearly £40. An MT2 ER20 was only £6.95 and I already had a few collets so I went with that for the time being.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I wanted to get an MT2 ER32 collet chuck for my Wood Lathe for pen turning but it was nearly £40. An MT2 ER20 was only £6.95 and I already had a few collets so I went with that for the time being.

I am waiting for the Chronos ER32 screw on Collet chuck to be back in stock, I missed out on it last time, I have the ER20 mt2 collet chuck that is the axminster deluxe mandrel, but I would rather spend money on the ER32 chuck rather than ER20 collets.

Peter

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I am waiting for the Chronos ER32 screw on Collet chuck to be back in stock, I missed out on it last time, I have the ER20 mt2 collet chuck that is the axminster deluxe mandrel, but I would rather spend money on the ER32 chuck rather than ER20 collets.

Peter

I thank from memory I nabbed one of the last ones 'cos you were just too slow. :winking::funny: Worth waiting for as it's a great set for the money.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg

Peter

Do you have a link at all for the ER32 screw chuck Peter, the only one I can find on a search is this: Chronos ER32 Collet Set with 80 MM Diameter Chuck

It's sounding like a combo of chuck with zero jaws followed up by a ER32 collet chuck later is the best game plan for providing a range of options to me.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I did have a link to it, but can't find it at the moment, I will have a proper look later.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have had a look at the chrono site and I can't find the chuck. I just called them and see if they are getting any more in stock as this was at the end of January this year and they say that they are still on order and where they get them from take a long time to fill orders. The details on my order which was cancelled by chronos due to lack of stock is as follows:

REF DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST

51059250 SCT Collet Set System For - 1 £39.60 £0.00
Wood Lathe M33 & 1" x 8 TPI
No. Cancelled 1

Loyalty Card Discount -£1.98

__Totals________________________________________________________

Adjustments: -£1.98
Total: -£1.98

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).