• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Thanks/Like Buttons

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Any reason why theres a lack of use of the "Thanks/Like" buttons on threads/posts by forum members, especially for an initial post? Is it frowned upon?

I feel a bit of a "sheep" if I haven't got more than a "well done, thats nice" to say to a post, also I don't think that it detracts from a thread, if folk have more to say than the afore mentioned "well done, thats nice", they will still say it.

Genuine question as there are many threads that I would click "like" on but wouldn't put up a generic post.

Ta Muchly

Freck

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I use the like/thank buttons as I see fit, so go ahead and use them:thumbs:

Peter

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
I certainly use them I don't read every post but if folk reply to my posts if I have a question I think it is only courteous to thank them for their input and their time. On an other note I hope Nairn is not as wet as Inverness is this morning.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I takes all sorts ..personally I'm a user, it's nice to receive a thanks but much nicer to give one.

Forum Phil

Minder of the cogs & wheels
Registered
First Name
Phil
The Thanks/Like buttons are there for use as you feel appropriate. They are under-used in my view, but as you say, are handy to click for all sorts of reasons, including as a courtesy for a reply to a question you've asked, or to acknowledge a post if you don't have anything much to say about it. I wish more people would use them to be honest, so don't be shy or think you'll be frowned on. Their use is to be encouraged.

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
I certainly use them I don't read every post but if folk reply to my posts if I have a question I think it is only courteous to thank them for their input and their time. On an other note I hope Nairn is not as wet as Inverness is this morning.

Cheers Bob, aye it was a bit wild last night and into today, drier now but not holding out much hope it will last!!

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I use them now as I am getting older and lazier to type an answer:whistling::whistling::whistling::funny::funny::funny:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Was in Nairn yesterday took Mrs Bob down to the sea next to the swimming pool for a paddle I watched and held the towel:winking:. Spent many a happy evening with my old pal Sandy Chisholm now sadly passed on he taught me more about building linear amplifiers and radio stuff in general and helped me with morse to get me through to my class A amateur licence you might of known him he lived down Lochloy road you could not miss the house as it had a 50 foot mast attached to it.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).