• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The Curse of Garno Lives on

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
I am sure I am not the first and am equally sure I wont be the last that this happens to.

I have a number of Streamline kits and a few Slimline kits to turn,
I have 10 blanks prepared that just need turning.

I sorted all of the kits out and had 3 Slimline and 10 Streamline, I turned the Slimline the other day so that left me with the 10 Streamline to turn with the blanks.

Are you with me so far?

Yesterday I turned 2 of the blanks for the streamline kits.
When I assembled them one thing became apparent
They were not streamline kits I had, they are all in fact Slimline.

Oh what a mistaka to maka :rolling:

The fact they were purchased as Streamline and are in fact marked up (by myself) as streamline they are ALL slimline.

They are Cyprus and Wychelm, 2 bits fell out of the cyprus whilst sanding so I did not risk putting a finish on it (I still though they were Streamline at that point)

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 30

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Gary, if you drill a piece of timber with a 6.5mm bit and turn it on the mandrel to the OD of your finished pens, then you can use it to replace your centre band. You may need to fine tune the ID with a small round file.

Alan

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Just be glad it's salvageable.... Not a complete failure, so you are making improvements :banana::banana:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
At least your being productive and as said they are all salvageable and they have a good finish the man who never made a mistake never made anything

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
There is still time,matching the timber shape to the components always smoother.Streamline centre bands always allow a bigger pen and some design oportunities I find.
:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).