• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The Merry Christmas Thread

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Huh, Christmas,an untimely interuption in the Craft fair calendar. Hi jacked from pagan rituals, a clear case of theft by the Christian church. But hey I suppose its an excuse to buy a new tin of acrylic sanding sealer for the wife. How else am I going to finish the candlesticks she wants for the dining table?

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
From a newbe who has been made very welcome even though I haven't turned a thing or contributed so far.

Many thanks and a very happy Christmas to all

Bob

Attachments

• imagesCAQAWILK.jpg
    imagesCAQAWILK.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 26

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Since you all celebrate ahead of us have a good safe one on the day.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

EH ?

My memory of Sydney at least is that they are 10 hours ahead of us. Isn't Canberra the same time zone?

I know my neice and nephews are already jumping up and down 'cos it's Christmas eve. down under

Bob

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL!!!

And thanks for all the info and advice I've gleaned from you!

Best Regards,

Bob.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Takes a while to adjust to the forum Bob but in time you will become just as confused & befuddled, it's all part of progressing to become a fully fledged pen turning plonker :whistling::bwink:

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

fix that post for you

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Well here we are approaching Christmas day, its ten o clock Xmas Eve, Peter is half way through the barbeque lobster and cold beers, slapping on another layer of suncream, we've got a re run of Morecambe and Wise on TV Gold or whatever its called, the TV is crap and the BBC have slipped even further to the left quoting so called think tanks on pensioner malnutrition trying to make the news as opposed to reporting it. And I forgot the most important message of all.

Paul, its safe to go out, my mother in law escaped from the living dead section of Clevedon in her Daihatsu terror mobile, caused mayhem on the M4 and is currently residing in my dining room. You've got four days of breathing space in the west country before her visa runs out.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Well its nearly 11.30 and time for bed and to wish my friends on the forum all the best.

keith

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
11.45 pm ..time for bed...... hope tomorrow everyone gets what they have wished for.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well here we are approaching Christmas day, its ten o clock Xmas Eve, Peter is half way through the barbeque lobster and cold beers, slapping on another layer of suncream, we've got a re run of Morecambe and Wise on TV Gold or whatever its called, the TV is crap and the BBC have slipped even further to the left quoting so called think tanks on pensioner malnutrition trying to make the news as opposed to reporting it. And I forgot the most important message of all.

Paul, its safe to go out, my mother in law escaped from the living dead section of Clevedon in her Daihatsu terror mobile, caused mayhem on the M4 and is currently residing in my dining room. You've got four days of breathing space in the west country before her visa runs out.

Neil, I felt the cold mist disappear. The children are out playing and the flowers are growing.:funny::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
From a newbe who has been made very welcome even though I haven't turned a thing or contributed so far.

Many thanks and a very happy Christmas to all

Bob

Theres still plenty of time left yet Bob, you'll be plonking threads on her quicker than a quick thing with a pocket full of quink (see what I did there?):funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Takes a while to adjust to the forum Bob but in time you will become just as confused & befuddled, it's all part of progressing to become a fully fledged plonker :whistling::bwink:

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Don't trust him Bob, I've never been referred to as a plonker despite several serious attempts, its a bit of a closed shop.:down:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Happy Christmas Everybody... its 00:04 and it snowing...
... probably.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
it's 00:35hrs on Christmas Day, just back from the midnight service at church.
It's windy, the snow is falling in the lake district, M6 was closed at Tebay due to a nutter in a BMW not knowing how to drive in the snow!!!
Sprog 2 eventually arrived in the village at 2215hrs due to said nutter.

A very merry Christmas to you all & your families.
Have a good one & if it gets too much for you, make sure you know where your workshop / shed keys are.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Light weights.. Now Christmas Day, midnight mass was superb this year..:thumbs:

Hope you all have a great day and don't eat too much turkey......:winking:

Like wise Steven, hope you have had a nice eve, keep up the good work.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).