• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The Merry Christmas Thread

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well it now 1.30 am cant sleep so I'm sitting here reading all your wonderful messages and would like to say have a Merry Christmas my friends

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Light weights.. Now Christmas Day, midnight mass was superb this year..:thumbs:

What different from the last two thousand and twelve editions? Don't tell me the Church has changed Midnight Mass and bought it up to date, apparently in todays books he's not a carpenter from Nazareth but a Bowl turner from Nuneaton. Ohh Err, watch those new forum members Jim!

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Well it now 1.30 am cant sleep so I'm sitting here reading all your wonderful messages and would like to say have a Merry Christmas my friends

Hows Santa going to get into your central heating system if you're sitting there being cranky over a PC half way through the night? Only reason you're up is so that you can trough Vi's mince pies no doubt.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Couldn't sleep and thought I better get up and get my hands on the Christmas Lunch and start stuffing the turkey before King Alfred (Mother in Law) turns to and wrecks it.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Couldn't sleep and thought I better get up

I could have slept but the kids had other ideas, an hour & a half later & they still show no signs of fading, wish I could say the same for me, time for another coffee.:monkon::sleeping:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I could have slept but the kids had other ideas, an hour & a half later & they still show no signs of fading, wish I could say the same for me, time for another coffee.:monkon::sleeping:

Don'r forget Doug, 'Tis the season to be jolly tral la la tral la bloody la.

Luckily my boys are suffering from teenager fatigue, mornings dont exist, midday is breakfast time if we're lucky,

Seven O bloody clock, the parsnips, potatoes are parboiled, the giblets are just going in to be roasted off, the brussells are trimmed and awaiting the boiling process although I never understand why we go through the middle man exercise, we should just buy the things as a ritual, take them straight out of the door of sainsburys and put them in their bin!

Cant even escape into the shed as I have the worst hacking cough and cold ever and the first thought of a bit of sand paper will finish me off.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
the brussells are trimmed and awaiting the boiling process although I never understand why we go through the middle man exercise, we should just buy the things as a ritual, take them straight out of the door of sainsburys and put them in their bin!

I will never understand what made the first person in history put one of those things in their mouth. If you drive past a field of them growing you are instantly reminded of a gym bag full of sweaty clothes that has been abandoned in your locker for six months or so. What possessed 'Patient zero' to think "I'm sure they taste better than they smell"?????

:nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for the entertaining posts this morning .. :winking: Have a great Christmas everyone ... :thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I will never understand what made the first person in history put one of those things in their mouth. If you drive past a field of them growing you are instantly reminded of a gym bag full of sweaty clothes that has been abandoned in your locker for six months or so. What possessed 'Patient zero' to think "I'm sure they taste better than they smell"?????

:nooidea:

Can't beat a plate o Brussels David ..parboiled then tossed in melted butter ,salt and pepper ..Christmas wouldn't be the same.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Merry christmas everyone i hope you all have a great day and have that wonderful christmas dinner. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).