• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

"THE ORCA" custom FP in acrylic & black Ebonite

haskoson

Apprentice Member
First Name
Gerrit
Greetings!

It has been a while since my last post. I have been busy with family and a pregnant wife.
Not much time to spend in the workshop.
But still I managed to turn some pens.

This is one of my newest creations from the workshop.
A large fountain pen made of german black ebonite accentuated with ivory coloured acrylic.
It was commissioned for a wedding present.

It´s postable on a threaded end which can be covered by a blind cap.
The pen is fitted with a broad # 6 Bock steel nib and a Schmidt converter.
For the look of the combination of coloures i call it "THE ORCA" (or killer whale).

I have got a new buffing system to get the pens real shiny - what a difference.
Thought it couldn´t get any better than MicroMesh up to grit 12000 for polishing, but boy was i wrong!
Now there´s this mirror like effect on ebonite - wow!
I buffed all my pens i have made so far and they became so much better.
Each and every one made me a luckier guy, like grining from one ear to the other.
Another step is taken to make some real nice pens.

Thanks for looking.
Comments and critics are welcome.

best regards

Gerrit

Haskoson Pens

View attachment 31951

View attachment 31952

View attachment 31953

View attachment 31954

View attachment 31955

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Well out in front with this Orca mate it i9s so very special. I can see the reasons behind every beautifully finished part of it. Mirror finished to perfection.

You reminded me of the times (6) my wife was expecting and I learned to expect the unexpected out of season yearnings, all good.

Displaying the sections it is a beaut way to put a pen together.

A pen to remember and cherish Gerrit.

Peter.:thumbs:

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Great pen sir, like the last picture showing all the components too.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Lovely craftmanship.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).