• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

TM Zeta Query

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Just my opinion, but there are many oafs in the world. They will bugger anything up given the chance. Loctite will not deter them. Take the Zeta off them and give them a bic.

I dearly wish the whole forum could have met in person the genius in our midst, unassuming genius. World published in his field of work, conducts serious assignments around the world. Bee Keeper at his home, extraordinary Woodworker. Genius with Cars, Motor Bikes, now family man. I am surrounded in my own City by many people like this guy. Unsung heroes to me, but guiding my day to day efforts in this world by example.

How grateful I am to know these giants of the world. So many best wishes for this New Year I look forward to the pens, we all can make and enjoy in our own way, our own time, share them with your pens, your thoughts unrestricted and shared.

Peter.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
If anyone is still interested, I have been using diluted clear nail varnish on Zetas and Sierras for quite a while now, with no negative feedback yet. I paint it onto the threads and screw in tight. If I ever have to remove it it shouldn't grip too tightly.

Well there you go, never even thought of that one. That's a new one I can use from now on, after nicking the coloured stuff to paint tubes, don't tell anyone will you:wink:

Just my opinion, but there are many oafs in the world. They will bugger anything up given the chance. Loctite will not deter them. Take the Zeta off them and give them a bic.

Exactly what I did Walter, however if the oaf is bigger than me I will let them keep it..:ciggrin:.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Used to use locktite on an old Harley Sportster I had on every bolt I could find including the small screws that held the arms on my specs otherwise these would explode as well I still blame that bike for loosing some of my fillings out of my teeth so if it worked on that I am sure it will work on a pen. Nail varnish great idea the original 2 meter transceivers only had 3 or 4 channels with little trim-pots once we had adjusted the trim-pot we used to put a spot of nail varnish on these it worked a treat.

L33

First Name
Lee
I can confirm that this Loctite really does what it says on the tin :) Mechanism is not coming off now!!! A job well done...thanks for the Loctite tip.

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
Locktite 243 will be good for this, it's designed to that threads can be undone again. It creates a drag on the threads rather than locking it in place. I would use a small blob on a pinpoint. I used it on my Harley and never had anything fall off after, and Harley's vibrate believe me.
I know there is a big difference between a pen and a Harley but i have used 243 on many smaller jobs. Remember a little goes a long way (said the vicar to the actress :whistling: )

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).