• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Traditional Fountain Pen

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
I 'm not sure I like this kit with having to put the cap on one side to use it.Is there a traditional kit that the cap be screwed on the pen whilst in use (if you get what I mean)

Glen:winking:

Attachments

• 009 (640x504).jpg
    009 (640x504).jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 61

Winemaker

Registered
First Name
Tom
That's funny I am just doing one of them, thought it a bit strange no end piece for the cap at all :thinks: and the same as you have to leave the to one-side when in use :rolling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's a shit kit, but you could make it so the cap posts by making it a closed end pen. I remember school pens that didn't post, I much prefer pens that don't post.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When you pay fourpence do not expect crayfish in other words they have their place in the sun. I love them because they don,t post for me that would make it a very long pen The pens you have shown us are great.

What are they like writing, is the nib comfortable, ink flow beaut? these are requirements for a fountain pen.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Come now Peter, just cos you you don't like it does not make it a "Shit Kit".

Davey

That's true, Dave, but it is still a shit kit, the lower barrel is far too long and the top barrel doesn't have a decent finish to it because it lacks a band, it smells cheap, looks cheap and to be honest is a shit kit even if I say so myself. I have lots of them and I can't bring myself to make up such a shit kit:kiss:

I will concede that not everyone will think they are a shit kit and the pen's Glen has made look great.

Peter

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Look like four nice pens, Glen.:thumbs:

Bought my first kits this week to use with plastic blanks only. I will have to reserve judgement on them until I've finished a couple. Must admit I didn't realize that you couldn't post the cap .:thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).