• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ultra Sonic Cleaner

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Great for cleaning black powder pistols

I know a lot of re loaders use them to clean out cartridge cases would be handy for black powder too. Was planning on a replica 45/90 Sharpes for the long range target shooting but now I am almost retired I am going to stick to woodworking it is far cheaper except the price of wood in the UK is pretty steep

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I know a lot of re loaders use them to clean out cartridge cases would be handy for black powder too. Was planning on a replica 45/90 Sharpes for the long range target shooting but now I am almost retired I am going to stick to woodworking it is far cheaper except the price of wood in the UK is pretty steep

Talk to Neil mate he has a shed full.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

I don't know why you think the price of wood in the UK is pretty steep, I mean it grows on trees and there are tons of them around. Have a look here:funny:

Peter

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
I don't know why you think the price of wood in the UK is pretty steep, I mean it grows on trees and there are tons of them around. Have a look here

Peter
Hi Peter you are right I have not done any searching for wood in natural areas we do have woodland near us but the pine cones are smaller and mostly open although was up at a friends the other day he was chopping down a lime tree so maybe get a few logs off him. When I say about wood being expensive I mean the store bought stuff like plywood MDF etc for making jigs and shelves with or if you fancy building a new shed etc.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You could look on Freecycle, tons of suitable furniture, offcuts, left over from building works and even cut down trees come up regularly.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).