• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend In The Shed Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
Well managed to get the draw unit into a temporary place for the time being even with all the draws removed it was Bl***y heavy myself and the wife managed it luckily I have a sack truck to move it from the car to its resting place.
It Measures 49"long 23"tall and 33"deep and mostly made from hardwoods. This was originally made in Fitzroy Australia

Then I managed to do some sanding on a bandsawn box and split a 4" log in half to see what it might produce will cut into pen blanks tomorrow and see properly
nice set of drawers there Derek

u should had said i would have come and help u unload it ....straight into my car :banana::banana::banana:

Steve

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
nice set of drawers there Derek

u should had said i would have come and help u unload it ....straight into my car :banana::banana::banana:

Steve
If I had known you wanted a set I would have asked them for two, they were being given away on freecycle I got the best looking set as I was first to arrive and only asked for the one.

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
If I had known you wanted a set I would have asked them for two, they were being given away on freecycle I got the best looking set as I was first to arrive and only asked for the one.

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

would have made some fantastic shed storage

Steve

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I imagined a ship load of these transported from Melbourne Australia to the UK wow factor for sheer weight well done mate it looks substantial. They make fantastic Veneer storage too.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
The damn fence handle ain't working like it should .. The handle is in the up position where it should be free to move along the sled, but it is tight and wont budge .. Need to make a call to Axminster on Monday .. :rolling:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Had a goodly day today, my ol mate Milkfloat (nickmane cos he is slow and heavy) paid a visit and tempted me into shed for some chores.
Very much a pub man all his life brought an old pool cue with him for me to make a walking stick for him (pic to follow, glue setting overnight, used cascamite in the knob).
He had seen a razor I put on FB and wanted one for his giant sized mitt.
He had a go himself at making a brass one in the shape of a dart, didn't quite work out but he is so bloody impatient and heavy handed he is happy with it.
Done on the wood lathe using brazed metal bits in the Unitool, I had to grab a quick pic before final clean cos he wanted to use it then drag me to pub init?

P1090469 (Custom).JPG

Bungalow is nice but my Drain won't move there cos all the shops that used to be there are now flats for immigrants, the area is flooded wiv em, bloody shame to see our beautiful country becoming a rubbish tip.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Stole an hour in the shed last night - it's our tenth anniversary this year and I'm starting on a bentwood ring for the missus. Ordered some CZs and silver tube plus wire from Cooksons, so the eventual goal is a three-stone band in walnut with holly sides and a silver centreband surrounding the circumference. First impressions: 1mm walnut thickness takes some bending! I cooked it on a portable gas stove I've had for yonks but it didn't seem to generate enough heat to get a good boil ...

:down::down:

Of course I'm trying to keep this all hush hush so I couldn't just do it on the hob!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is a lovely piece of furniture Derek. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Emptied the first of the three garden storage cupboards today, there was quite a bit of tackle that i ended up throwing away, don't really know why i kept it in the first place .. Anyhow, i got to a box near the bottom of the pile, opened it and found a few items that i had completely forgotten about .. A couple of parcels containing an array of blanks and other items from Peter, and my last order from Timberbits, the boxes opened but the goodies still inside .. I hope i have other surprises in the other two .. :devil:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Emptied the first of the three garden storage cupboards today, there was quite a bit of tackle that i ended up throwing away, don't really know why i kept it in the first place .. Anyhow, i got to a box near the bottom of the pile, opened it and found a few items that i had completely forgotten about .. A couple of parcels containing an array of blanks and other items from Peter, and my last order from Timberbits, the boxes opened but the goodies still inside .. I hope i have other surprises in the other two .. :devil:

I like finds like this.:thumbs::thumbs:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Not been in shed this year yet but went to B&Q & bought some PAR timber to make some shelves in the shed, now just need to get the getupandgo to go empty the shed at the back & build the blooming things, at least the snow's gone................. for now

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Not been in shed this year yet but went to B&Q & bought some PAR timber to make some shelves in the shed, now just need to get the getupandgo to go empty the shed at the back & build the blooming things, at least the snow's gone................. for now

Gotta say this weather doesn't invite long hours ion the shed ...

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
JUst settled the two young cats for the evening the aged one is on my lap complaining by grabbing the mouse hand to get more attention. I finished the 2nd 14 inch sander found some new ways to fret that through finished the dust extraction to the two of them. Convinced the two dogs it really is past their bed time as we.. long day 5 am to 11 pm. Dont know if I am different but I must have used a large number of tools to work in the shed to tired it can wait until Wednesday Hospital tomorrow questioned whether my affairs were in order found our new will not signed my mate a Barrister did it for us two yrs ago as a friend fixed that.:thumbs::thumbs:

Good night Monday Australia Day and all. Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.