• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend In The Shed Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Back on the lathe today after completing the Jewellery box. Started a pair of candle sticks.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Managed another two tealight holders, one of which I am not happy with. Take pics later.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
How frustrating come home to me own workshop and me bloody gout flares up no workshop for a few days yet me new dust extractor is sitting in the hallway and I cant even assemble it I will have to contend myself by ordering a new thicknesser planer and a pillar drill Ohh life is so hard :sob::sob::whistling::whistling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
How frustrating come home to me own workshop and me bloody gout flares up no workshop for a few days yet me new dust extractor is sitting in the hallway and I cant even assemble it I will have to contend myself by ordering a new thicknesser planer and a pillar drill Ohh life is so hard :sob::sob::whistling::whistling:

Good luck with all your problems Woody health or wealth.

Peter.

Heartwoodturning

Apprentice Member
First Name
Chris
I was running a dehumidifier in my workshop for some time a year or two ago. After a while I bought one of those plugs that tell you how much electric you are using and put the dehumidifier plug in to it to have a look. I can't remember what the figure was but it was very high. I ran it for one more week while I tried to justify the cost in my head and then turned it off. It's only been turned on a few times since for a few hours at a time. Best to run it on a medium setting if you are going to have it on lots or it could end up giving you a surprise in your next electric bill!

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

My heart bleed for you Woody, just think of the headache you will have trying to work out where to put all you new toys.:kiss:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
My heart bleed for you Woody, just think of the headache you will have trying to work out where to put all you new toys.:kiss:

Thank you Mark people just dont understand the problems of refitting a workshop with new toys :drool::funny::funny:

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Another half turned tea light. You feel there's a pattern her. got home at 22:30 tonight too tired to turn.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you Mark people just dont understand the problems of refitting a workshop with new toys :drool::funny::funny:

Just send all the new toys to me Woody and I will have the headache finding places in my shed:funny::funny::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob

You're like a footballer Woody. They get injured and the car dealers start rubbing their hands 'cos they get bored and go and spends loads of dosh. See any resemblance? :devil::ciggrin:

Hope the gout gets better soon mate. I've never had it but I understand it's very painful.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well I thought I would show something I am working on which I keep having to stop to complete things for collection in a weeks time as my sister is coming down from Cirencester at least it will save on postage, OK I'm a cheap skate but you all knew that anyway.
Not only that but spending 5 hours in Hospital yesterday after a visit to my Doctors and a nice ride in the back of an ambulance really didn't helped get the jobs finished and then the toilet system playing up so need to replace that now that I have got all the bits to do it.
Anyway this is what I have been playing with a money box and you all thought it was something special. This is only at the dry fit stage as I am working on a lockable rear door to get the money out

Attachments

• DSCF5763.jpg
    DSCF5763.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF5757.jpg
    DSCF5757.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 42

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Looks a great little project derek, whover gets that will be a lucky little person. :thumbs:

You had me worried for a while though! I read newspapers back to front 'cos I start with the sports pages so I read your post as follows:

then the toilet system playing up so need a visit to my Doctors and a nice ride in the back of an ambulance spending 5 hours in Hospital to replace now that I have got all the bits to do it.

Made my eyes water :rolling::whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.