• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend in the Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I picked up a lathe off jimjam. A lovely variable speed cl3. Got home, and now wondering 1) where to put it and how to reorganise shed. 2) wonder if I'll actually get I to shed to turn it on behalf Christmas.

Great trip out for me, inspired by David's work and setup. He's a generous man and I came away a load of extras, wood and kits! Plus he introduced me to clocks and kinetic art. So far from thinking this lathe might be my last large investment, I now need a load more kit. !

Loads of tips and experience in pen making. The man also makes his own parts.

Good idea just released from Hospital got a list prepared of new parts needed.

All the best visiting mate works for me every time.:thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Had a couple of weeks away from Sheddington & didn't get much done last time I was in there over the Christmas period but will be back in today for a little turning time, bit of prep to do first.

:banana::banana::banana:

Jim

Grand Master
I will be making my way in there also today Billy, hoping to prepare a few blanks also .. :bwink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Shed time seems to be a rare thing lately and it will probably get worst before it gets better I seem to be losing a lot of valuable shed time these last 3 years I just hope this move will be the last I'm hoping to hold a fund raising event in my gallery of the 5 Feb for the British heart foundation if I can get it organised in time

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Oh the shed seems so far away... but on the up side I've just been and cut 3 very large trees down. :thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Keep doing odd jobs. So will be back in the shed very soon. All I have managed to do this year is the pillar box and the beech bowl.:monkon:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Still doing the odd jobs the other half wants doing, well at least that should give me another 6 months of peace and shed time:banana::banana::banana:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I wish the weather was warm enough to get in the shed and make something :sob:
I've only managed to get in there one weekend in the last four :sob::sob:
I've got so much I want to do and it's just too bl**dy cold to work in the shed even with the heater on :sob::sob::sob:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
I wish the weather was warm enough to get in the shed and make something :sob:
I've only managed to get in there one weekend in the last four :sob::sob:
I've got so much I want to do and it's just too bl**dy cold to work in the shed even with the heater on :sob::sob::sob:

Same here, still got too much snow on the ground. Haven't done anything in the shed this year yet.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Visit yesterday to two special advisors gave the memory test waiting for the results one test was standing on a block a metre square of foam told to stand still tethered lightly by the waste to a cord that registered on a machine my movements quite an interesting exercise in futility I have enough trouble falling up stairs. Got some quality time in the shed rounding up the pieces to complete the two big disk sanders. Wacked a thread in and a six by six mm locking allen head screw in the 14 inch disk to lock it on the outboard of the old lathe the continual start thrust had tightened the preload on the bearings on the shaft, it will no longer happen.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.