• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend in the Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Fellow
I picked up a lathe off jimjam. A lovely variable speed cl3. Got home, and now wondering 1) where to put it and how to reorganise shed. 2) wonder if I'll actually get I to shed to turn it on behalf Christmas.

Great trip out for me, inspired by David's work and setup. He's a generous man and I came away a load of extras, wood and kits! Plus he introduced me to clocks and kinetic art. So far from thinking this lathe might be my last large investment, I now need a load more kit. !

Loads of tips and experience in pen making. The man also makes his own parts.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
No shed time for me, a little too far away from it.

Internet is poor where I am at moment..

image.jpg

But heading for Hoghiz which is even worse..:sob:

Hope to be back by middle of the week though..:thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
No shed time for me, a little too far away from it.

Internet is poor where I am at moment..

But heading for Hoghiz which is even worse..:sob:

Hope to be back by middle of the week though..:thumbs:

Hoghiz, is that part of Hogwarts, you mystical silver you.

Enjoy what's left of your trip.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You should be able to get some interesting wood there. :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I've had a couple of weekends with little shop time other than making up some shuttering last weekend for a concrete base for a greenhouse, this was last weekend.

photo_zpsb55abda1.jpg

With no power down the allotment I decided the easiest way to mix the concrete was in an old bath. So today I've manage the erect the greenhouse.

photo_zps0fe0ec77.jpg

It was a bit of a mare to put together & took longer than I'd hoped hence the failing light when I took the photo but at least it's done. It also goes to show how much profit B&Q make on gear, I managed to pick this brand new £239 greenhouse up still packed in its box for £30 as they were looking to clear stock for the winter display :banana::banana:

Jim

Grand Master
I am sure that bath will clean up Doug, i can see at least a tenner on ebay for it .. :bwink:

Paul, David is a genius amongst us my friend, but he is also a very modest man .. :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well that's Bu@@3red it. :sob::sob:

I had all the plans in the world to get in the shed this weekend after being out of the country for a while.

All sorts of deadlines have passed, Omega challenge and I had to do a couple of specials for a friend as well. :vangry:

But on Friday I ended up with a slipped disk and can't stand, sit or even lie down. If anyone out there has had siatica will know what it feels like...::vangry::vangry::vangry:

I'm sure I must of stood on a spider at some time.. ::nooidea:

diazepam is also a crap drug that doesn't really do what it says on the tin..:nonono:

Jim

Grand Master
If anyone out there has had siatica will know what it feels like.

diazepam is also a crap drug that doesn't really do what it says on the tin.

My sympathies Eamonn, the War Office has had two operations on her lower back and has been on Morphine patches for the last 2 years just to survive .. :down:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ouch I know exactly how you feel Eamonn you have my sympathy mate I would say get well soon but it never is soon with your back mate it is a right dilemma aint it and people dont understand what its like when you cant sit cant stand cant bloody lie down all the best mate wish you well still on the bright side you wont be allowed to sweep up, hoover do the washing and ironing any-more lol Poor ol git

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Sorry to hear about your problem Eamonn, hope all gets better soon if you are like me you miss the shed time:sob:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Back to the shed then to continue with my plastic Sierra's, sorry Brian, at least I'm not going to put any stylus on them today :whistling: :whistling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I've had a couple of weekends with little shop time other than making up some shuttering last weekend for a concrete base for a greenhouse, this was last weekend.

photo_zpsb55abda1.jpg

With no power down the allotment I decided the easiest way to mix the concrete was in an old bath. So today I've manage the erect the greenhouse.

photo_zps0fe0ec77.jpg

It was a bit of a mare to put together & took longer than I'd hoped hence the failing light when I took the photo but at least it's done. It also goes to show how much profit B&Q make on gear, I managed to pick this brand new £239 greenhouse up still packed in its box for £30 as they were looking to clear stock for the winter display :banana::banana:

You know the feeling you get sreeching chalk on a blackboard well mixing and shovelling in an old bathtub must have been hell on steroids mate. very resourceful and I note even your shuttering is careful and cautiously complete. Well done mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Managed to get 16 pens made and started to rebuild it after it went wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Hope you get better as quick as a slipped disc will allow Eamonn :pray:
Mind you I'm still trying to work out why you would have wanted to go to the back of beyond in Romania :nooidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.