• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Well done Neil L

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you Neil and Ali for putting on such a wonderful day it was good to see old friends and some new ones the auction was a blast I ended up buying one of my own bowls

johns486

Registered
First Name
Mike
Gutted that I couldn't go had some issues at home I was really looking forward to it plus I missed out on spending some money. Hopefully there will be another one somewhere.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Proper day out that. Organisation was first class. The demo was very informative and amusing. The auction went well but I'm sure I really didn't bid on Woody' tazza lol but it's now been donated to the daughter. It was great to catch up with friends old and new. I'm just sat having a cup of tea now with four different pieces of cake to choose from.
Neil please convey my thanks to Ali and the rest of the catering girls - they should be on masterchef.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Proper day out that. Organisation was first class. The demo was very informative and amusing. The auction went well but I'm sure I really didn't bid on Woody' tazza lol but it's now been donated to the daughter. It was great to catch up with friends old and new. I'm just sat having a cup of tea now with four different pieces of cake to choose from.
Neil please convey my thanks to Ali and the rest of the catering girls - they should be on masterchef.

Unless PaulM set you up Keith, you did bid on the Tazza, Senior moment perhaps?

Ali says hope you enjoy the cake!

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Unless PaulM set you up Keith, you did bid on the Tazza, Senior moment perhaps?

Ali says hope you enjoy the cake!

Speaking of senior moments Neil did I win one of the woodturning magazine subscriptions? If I did I didn't leave my address.
Age catching up on me perhaps.

lignaterrae

Aye, as a first timer I had a great day. It was really good to meet other forum members and whoever put together the food wants recommending for sainthood. The chips especially were crackingly good!

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
A few Thank you's!

Before the beer really kicks in, I would like to thank everyone who made York 2 possible.

Many thanks to Walter for your help with the Auction. This took a lot of stress out of my day!:thumbs:

Geordie did a brilliant job, though I'm now not sure what the common name of Juglans regia is now!
Is it Welnut, Wulnut, or Walnut, or Waaalut?:ciggrin:

My sister Tina home baked the cakes, now known as the Keith section!:funny:

... And my beautiful Wood Fairy sorted the rest of it out!:iluvu:

Thanks to all that came, or gave your support.:thumbs:
Regards,
Neil

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Speaking of senior moments Neil did I win one of the woodturning magazine subscriptions? If I did I didn't leave my address.
Age catching up on me perhaps.

I think you were outbid Keith, but now is not the time to check, I'll look tomorrow.

Wrongway

First Name
Robbie
Helen and I had a very enjoyable day. Many thank's to all. Great to put faces to names. The ladies did really well with the food. Best sausage rolls I have had for years.

Jim

Grand Master
Had a great time, demo was bang on, snap was bang on (Thank You Ladies) and i stuck to my diet of only one piece of cake .. Had the place been empty i would have took more .. :whistling:

Special thanks to you guys who made the long trek to this meet, a big thanks to Neil for making this happen, nice to meet Robbie for the first time though being in the same sized area on two occasions .. :winking:

I could go on but i would start sounding weird with all the accolades coming out of me gob, but i will finish on just one last one .. Great to see you at the auction and looking so well Terry .. :thumbs:

It was great meeting everyone again, and of cause seeing new faces ..

Lesson to Keith, keep of the ale when looking at the auction pages .. :devil:

I bought Walters book to learn the art of pen and pick up some tips .. :thumbs:

All pages merged together .. Saves answering to all of them ..

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Many thanks to Walter for your help with the Auction. This took a lot of stress out of my day!:thumbs:

You are most welcome Neil. That's what accountants are for.

Geordie did a brilliant job, though I'm now not sure what the common name of Juglans regia is now!
Is it Welnut, Wulnut, or Walnut, or Waaalut?:ciggrin:

Its Warlnut. :funny::funny::funny:

Geordie lesson part 1:

Take any vowel, either remove it and use a different one or lengthen the sound until it is unrecognisable. Thus the following conversation might be heard in Ashington:

Aahve failed me driving test 'cos a ran ower a kerb.

Failed just for hittin' a korb?

Nah, not a korb, a kerb and it was berb a jerb week an arl ye knaa.

Had a great day Neil big thanks to Ali and your sis :thumbs::thumbs:

Encore to that. Cracking spread. :thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Had a great time, demo was bang on, snap was bang on (Thank You Ladies) and i stuck to my diet of only one piece of cake .. Had the place been empty i would have took more .. :whistling:

Special thanks to you guys who made the long trek to this meet, a big thanks to Neil for making this happen, nice to meet Robbie for the first time though being in the same sized area on two occasions .. :winking:

I could go on but i would start sounding weird with all the accolades coming out of me gob, but i will finish on just one last one .. Great to see you at the auction and looking so well Terry .. :thumbs:

Lesson to Keith, keep of the ale when looking at the auction pages .. :devil:

I bought Walters book to learn the art of pen and pick up some tips .. :thumbs:

All pages merged together .. Saves answering to all of them ..

Many thanks Jim. It was great to catch up with you and Carol and all the other lads and lasses. It made my day !!!!:thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Neil it's all been said but I echo every sentiment. A cracking day thanks to you & your gang of little helpers. Loved meeting up with old & new friends & I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Woody & everyone who contributed to the Blind Veterans corner, I was overwhelmed by the response. I've just finished at ten o'clock sorting the stuff out. For me it has been a real bloody good day but the highlight of the day was seeing the smiling face of Terry with his better half, it was a treat. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Pleased to see it went off so well Neil well fed informed so much goodwill and sharing is rare in the world, congratulations mate.

Peter.:fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).