• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Well done Neil L

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Neil it's all been said but I echo every sentiment. A cracking day thanks to you & your gang of little helpers. Loved meeting up with old & new friends & I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Woody & everyone who contributed to the Blind Veterans corner, I was overwhelmed by the response. I've just finished at ten o'clock sorting the stuff out. For me it has been a real bloody good day but the highlight of the day was seeing the smiling face of Terry with his better half, it was a treat. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Many thanks Bill you're a toff. It was lovely chatting to you !!!:thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Great to hear you all had a good time, hope you've managed to raise a goodly amount for the school, I look forward to seeing the photos & all your smiling faces :thinks: well perhaps just seeing the photos :whistling::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
What everyone else said. Very well organised, ran on time, (so I didn't get into trouble for being late for the birthday barbecue), fantastic catering, thanks Ali and the other girls - twas me who drank all the coffee btw, send me the bill:whistling:

Great demo by Tony, what a nice guy and entertaining sessions.

Nice to meet up again with familiar and new faces and well done Geordie for stepping into Pauls assistant auctioneer shoes, even though only Walter, Bill and myself understood a word you said.:ciggrin:

Sorry Keith, probably me who outbid you on the magazine subscription. Can you remember to ask how to redeem that btw please Neil?

Thanks Neil for all the hard work in organising it, hell of a lot of work but appreciated I'm sure by all who attended. Just one bone to pick with you though! I spent a good 20 minutes singing your praises to Charlie about all your efforts before he told me he wasn't your boss anymore, you could've told me and saved all the sucking up I did on your behalf :funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I'll drop Mark Baker a line tomorrow Bob. I've still got some auction stuff to sort out, and bidders who were not there, to contact.
Leaving it well alone today as my brain hurts!:funny::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I'll drop Mark Baker a line tomorrow Bob. I've still got some auction stuff to sort out, and bidders who were not there, to contact.
Leaving it well alone today as my brain hurts!:funny::funny:

Not surprised your brain hurts :funny:
Great day Neil, all seemed to go very smoothly though I know you were like a duck, calm on the surface / paddling like hell below. :ciggrin:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
If you remember a while ago Neil & Geordie had a £10 bet as to whether Neil's bowl would split. The proceeds going to BlindVeterans. Well Geordie lost the bet & paid up with a big smile. Thanks Geordie.:thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
If you remember a while ago Neil & Geordie had a £10 bet as to whether Neil's bowl would split. The proceeds going to BlindVeterans. Well Geordie lost the bet & paid up with a big smile. Thanks Geordie.:thumbs:

What's even better was I forgot to bring the bowl, and he took my word for it!:whistling::funny:

Seriously, I meant to bring it to donate to BV Bill. I also meant to dump a load of Olive pen blanks on the donation table, but didn't get around to it. I'll post you some bits, and give you a load when I see you again.

Jim

Grand Master
What's even better was I forgot to bring the bowl, and he took my word for it!:whistling::funny:

Seriously, I meant to bring it to donate to BV Bill. I also meant to dump a load of Olive pen blanks on the donation table, but didn't get around to it. I'll post you some bits, and give you a load when I see you again.

And when the brain settles down can you check if i bought the hammer drill please Neil .. :thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
And when the brain settles down can you check if i bought the hammer drill please Neil .. :thumbs:

I will have to check this with my accountant!
He did put all the cash in denomination, and serial number order though, so I doubt he got it wrong!:ciggrin::funny:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Its Warlnut. :funny::funny::funny:

Geordie lesson part 1:

Take any vowel, either remove it and use a different one or lengthen the sound until it is unrecognisable. Thus the following conversation might be heard in Ashington:

Aahve failed me driving test 'cos a ran ower a kerb.

Failed just for hittin' a korb?

Nah, not a korb, a kerb and it was berb a jerb week an arl ye knaa.

Bleeding heck doesnt any one still speak the Queens English any more? Innit.:face::face:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
If you won one of the magazine subscriptions, you just need to write your name, address, and tel number on the back of the cert, and send to...
Mark Baker.
GMC Publications.
166 High Street,
Lewes.
BN7 1XU.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).