• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What have you been doing

Pastor of Muppets

First Name
Andy
So its the first nice sunny day of the year (at least it is here in Oxfordshire!!)
who else has been tasked with mowing the lawn and weeding the beds??

Frederick

Registered
First Name
Frederick
Ah Bliss! A warm workshop. All day sharpening tools and practicing on the lathe. What a wonderful world.
Regards
Frederick

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Recuperating with intentions bubbling and preparations made ,could not wish for more, our long hot weather is diminishing.

Peter.

Frederick

Registered
First Name
Frederick
Well today should be interesting, Small broken brass screw to get out of a hinge on a jewellery box. Oh joy!!!
Think I might do some turning instead.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well, I'm back behind the wheel.. :banana:

Managed to call at a friends today that wanted me to make a pen from Walnut from his grandmother's garden.

Had to be cut down two years ago because of it was a @risk to public health@ Sounded like Mr jobsworth had been around..

That said he likes his wood so asked a local wood processor to cut it up in to planks so he could have some furniture made from it.. That was two years ago so its now nice and dry and he said he has some offcuts for me to make him a pen and box.

To my surprise when I polled up

Wood 26-7-18.jpg

Now I did ask him how big of a pen and box he wanted to make..:rolling:

So we came to an agreement that he gets his pen and box FOC for the rest of the stash.. me :thinks: its a good deal.

Now I'm glad I got back behind the wheel..

So that's what I have been doing today.

Gave up on woking in the shed as it was a little warm for some reason and the Melamine Lacquer drying far too quick and not finishing as I normally have.. :rolling:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
You're doing well for someone past their 100th birthday marra. :winking::whistling:

I'd have a couple more drams of the amber fluid, might have one myself tonight.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Trying to be cheerful through a hard winter,sorting through magnificent blanks received this month with promise of more to to come.Even with heavy minus mornings the sun has come through for a part of the day,typical here.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).