• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

whats happened to the photos?????????

Forum Phil

Minder of the cogs & wheels
Registered
First Name
Phil
UPDATE

I have finally got to the bottom of this and am pretty close to slashing my wrists - either that or pouring petrol over myself and lighting a match.

On the afternoon of Saturday 28th January, the hosting company decided they were going to move the servers on which the forum is hosted, along with all their backups. In so doing, the database was corrupted, and all the backups lost.!!!

The net result was that every photo on the forum simply vanished. Coincidentally, I was working on the files in the Mother Ship at about that time, and for several days I laboured under the misconception that the problem was due to something I had done. I'm pleased to say that it wasn't, but that does not help to overcome the issue.

I have spent a huge amount of time since last Saturday, repairing what damage I can, which has been most of it thankfully, but unfortunately we are still in a situation where most of the photos posted between about the middle of September and last Saturday are missing. For many obvious reasons it is desirable that those photos are visible, and I am currently going though every single thread since last September to establish exactly what is missing.

I intend to contact all those who have been affected, to see if a fresh copy of each photo can be sent to me, so that I can edit them back in to the relevant post - if you are one who is affected - in other words if you uploaded any images to the forum since last September, and you can trace your image, do please let me have a copy and I'll do the honours. There are only about 2600 of them, so hardly any work for me at all:whistling:

I apologise for the obvious inconvenience surrounding this, both in terms of having to supply your photos again, and for not currently being able to see them in the posts. The circumstances that caused it were completely beyond my control I'm afraid, but with your help, we'll get everything back to how it should be as soon as possible.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
OMG! you make the stresses I had with technology sound like a walk in the park, i for one appreciate everything you are doing for the forum.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Why can't we all just trawl through our own posts and edit and repost them?

You can only edit your own post for about 15minutes after it was posted.

Peter

Forum Phil

Registered
First Name
Phil

You can only edit your own post for about 15minutes after it was posted.

Peter

Peter's right, but not only that, if you re-posted, the replies to your post would noty be in sequence. I'm afraid I have to edit the photos back in from the mothership.

Both of you have photos that are affected by the way. Peter, all your celtic crosses in the beauty parade have vanished, and the Sept. comp entries, plus a few more that I haven't catalogued yet

angelo49

Registered
First Name
Angelo
Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

As soon as I read this by Pierre, I thought, that would be a great idea!!!
But then, You can only edit your own post for about 15minutes after it was posted.

Oh well, I was a good idea though.
I don't envy you right now Phil. I would have put my foot through the monitor by now.
God bless you!

Forum Phil

Registered
First Name
Phil
Thanks Angelo - you've got several photos missing to though if you want to send me some copies.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).