• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Which way!!

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
20160831_113505.jpg
OK quick question....this is for a jnr gent...as can be seen from the picture it obviously has an orientation it looks to be 13mm on the right which would be the middle band and 12mm on the left which is the bottom....but i think that puts the blank upside down...is this just me or should this be...and if so which way does the cap blank go??:thinks::thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
If you have got the tube the wrong way round just build up the end that is a bit too narrow, with CA, not perfect but saves wasting the blank.

Peter

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
If you have got the tube the wrong way round just build up the end that is a bit too narrow, with CA, not perfect but saves wasting the blank.

Peter

Hi Peter;
These are premade blanks...just a fine dust and a CA finish...:thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter;
These are premade blanks...just a fine dust and a CA finish...:thinks:

I understand they are polymer clay and I thought you had taken one end down too much, that's why I suggested to build it up again with CA to the right diameter.

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
As you say, the orientation is obvious. I guess it all depends on what the other blank you are fitting to the pen looks like :thinks:

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
For the upper tube Toni likes the mask to be visible with the cap facing upwards.

As for the lower tube there is some differences. Mostly do you want the pattern to align with the pen capped or posted or writing. On the Junior series the LARGER diameter is the nib end.

IMG_7794.jpg

SOME of the gent junior kits are reversed, some have detachable trim rings so you can position it which ever way you wish.

If it is a fountain pen then you have *MORE* alignment issues to contend with, not really a problem but it is something to note. position of the clip when it is posted while writing for example. Double start vs triple start comes into play more so with fountain pens and Toni's blanks due to the pattern IN the blanks.

IMG_7764.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).