• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Whoo Hoo My new job.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Brian, I went to have a pint to celebrate tonight and forgot to stop so had 3 :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
From way over here Brian I want you to know that I share your enthusiasm for your new job, having extracted the cork from and exercising your bottle may the Genie expand from the container and accompany you wherever you travel.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks Peter. How's the new lathe coming along?

Lathe is coming along thanks Brian awaiting a new motor as we speak a Leroy Somer perhaps the first new motor I have ever bought I have many in my stash but quite old motors thought a new one may be plain sailing. The controller I bought to give me variable speed is sold by the same company overall Control Techniques or Emerson then all under warranty for a couple of years. I had a stick of timber 6 feet long 4inches thick by 9 1/2 inches wide cut a foot off that to raise the motor. The VL150 is higher and I am running the belt out the head stock at the back. Ordered an M3 set of Collets 25mm to fit the drive shaft so when the motor arrives line up mount it on rails for adjustment dial in the Unidrive. The unidrive has its own variable 10 k pot in the front for speed control, some wiring and presto I hope. Buying from 200 miles is close but no cigar so the phone has been essential. Still trying to downsize but it hurts.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).