• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

You need thumbs

iandel

First Name
Ian
I'm out of action for a while. A few weeks ago I cut my thumb and despite plasters, superglue and all other attempts it just kept bleeding - not a lot but enough to be uncomfortable. A trip to the Doctor theis morning resulted with a diagnosis of a pyogenic granuloma. This has now been cauterised but I can't use my thumb for a few days. It's amazing how much you rely on your thumbs. I can't hold a chisel properly so no more turning for me for a while but at least it has got me out of doing the washing up. :winking:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Washing up whats that. Hope to see you back in the workshop soon

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
I know the feeling; (if its the left hand) just try wrapping the fore and middle fingers around instead and use the same movements with the back of ring finger up against the tool bar.

PG

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Sensed your pain and it is wise to rest it up. Healing is more rapid this way. You introduced me to another medical mystery name.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).