• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The last Roman Harvest I made fetched 100 dollars was requested as a bling pen, followed by three other pens for the same amount one other being a Roman Harvest with Opal set in the cap and Amboyna Burl. Bling this kit has.What is the legal requirement re ink etc in the UK. Black and nothing else required over here?.

Peter.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Pens for the whole wedding party

Roman Harvests for the happy couple in a faux mother of pearl, Zetas again in MOP for the bridesmaids, mother of the bride, flower girls & Epsilons for the best man, vicar, ushers etc. in black

View attachment 30665

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Well, this thread has kicked off an amazing turnout of lovely pens for that Special Occasion. Congrats to the makers of these little works of art!

This gives rise to a thought - how about if, say once a month, our Forum leaders chose a theme, inviting everyone to show a pen reflecting that theme? I bet we'd see a huge selection that would give members ideas for their own projects. Only a thought.

Bob.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Well, this thread has kicked off an amazing turnout of lovely pens for that Special Occasion. Congrats to the makers of these little works of art!

This gives rise to a thought - how about if, say once a month, our Forum leaders chose a theme, inviting everyone to show a pen reflecting that theme? I bet we'd see a huge selection that would give members ideas for their own projects. Only a thought.

Bob.

A bit like a monthly competition:thinks:

Peter

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Pete,
Yes, you're right, but without the competitive element. That way members won't shy away from posting their examples of the chosen theme. For example if you were to chose "Bullet Pens", there would be a deluge of piccies from guys who have made these. Thus, anybody about to make one would have a wealth of detail regarding what blanks, kits, styles to chose from. And these "libraries" would be on the forum forever.
Regards,
Bob.

Forum Phil

Minder of the cogs & wheels
Registered
First Name
Phil

Bob.
And it's a pretty good thought too Bob. Have you anything in mind as a theme to start things off?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Last year when my treatment Radiotherapy was completed on December 15 I gave most of 40 pens to those selfless staff who helped me.

So one suggestion is pics of one of those thankyou pens we give. This is one theme for the future mostly I never take pics of presents, possibly others are the same. I noted the long run recently of three word reply . Worthy replacement for this bearing in mind it will be very pixel heavy will the forum handle this?

Peter.

Peter.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Why bling why not quality?

PG

Why not both only be used once

Not necessarily true Barry, a selling point of wedding pens is that they can be passed down to future generations of the family and in time become family heirlooms.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Penpal;269068 What is the legal requirement re ink etc in the UK. Black and nothing else required over here?. Peter.[/QUOTE said:
Caveat from my web page.

It is important that you (a) inform the registrar or minister in advance that you will be using your own pen, and (b) that it is filled with permanent black ink. Do Not leave it until the day !

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
I only asked for help now i have got a competition a registrar or minister and now pens for Bridesmaids good job ive got till next nov 2017
oh and permanent black ink :sob::sob::sob:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).