• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
LOL, Barry!

Sorry to cut across your post, matey! Still, you've probably picked up some ideas from the gems that have appeared here today. We'll all be looking forwards to seeing your ones when they're finished, so don't 'ang about!

Regards,
Bob.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
I only asked for help now i have got a competition a registrar or minister and now pens for Bridesmaids good job ive got till next nov 2017
oh and permanent black ink :sob::sob::sob:

To my knowledge Registrars use this ink from the Ecclesiastical Supply Company: Ecclesiastical Stationery Supplies Registrars Ink Blue-Black With Iron-Gall

It's a modern iron gall blue/black. I had some interactions with my local office when I made a pen for a friends wedding back in February. It's up to each office if they allow you to use your own pen and if they approve of the ink in use as it must be archival quality, either iron gall or an ISO rated one. Rohrer & Klinger supply other colours of ISO rated permanent inks for reference: Document ink: Rohrer & Klingner OHG

In the end my local office refused to allow the couple to use any pen except the registrars despite a to and fro discussion on ink permanence and what they actually use. In the end they fobbed me off with 'the ink could damage your pen' when I suggested using their ink in my pen (load of tosh unless you're talking about ancient iron-gall formulations instead of modern) followed by 'we're instructed by the UK registrars office to only use specific equipment".

In crux, check first, you might be in luck or you might not, all depends on your local office.

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
Thank you all for your help i think i will sort the Registrar first any bother i will tell him to come on this forum:devil::devil:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
What's the betting, Barry, that he'll be retired before your event comes around and his replacement will turn out to be a right old bitch!!! LOL!

Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).