• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Vic started it!!

Pierre

Fellow
First Name
Pierre
I glued mine in. I just used a little bit of epoxy on the end of a toothpick to coat the inside of the hole - but no more. I left it a few minutes to get tacky, then pushed the ferrule in. Didn't seem to have a problem with the glue seeping in (I tried a nib in it in a few positions and it seemed fine).

But didn't you glue yours into a 6.5 mm hole in an acrylic blank instead of the brass tube?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Finally determining an accurate size in a hole I under drill in size then use a small end mill to cut to fit, I did this for years making my own mandrel savers works for me. Have never trusted drill sizes always mike them.

Peter.

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
But didn't you glue yours into a 6.5 mm hole in an acrylic blank instead of the brass tube?

Yes, I did. I would have used a brass tube in a 7mm hole, but the fact that my blank was transparent I didn't really want a brass coloured tube, and I didn't have a silver coloured one.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).