• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend In The Shed Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Gotta say this weather doesn't invite long hours ion the shed ...

Too right it don't, shed is not insulated in any way shape or form but it can get warmer when the halogen heater is on if you stand on top of it.
Just cannot be bothered opening the back door and going up the garden to get to the shed in the first place :funny::funny::funny::funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thursday and Friday spent cutting Horse chestnut blanks!
Fitted a new ( last), bandsaw blade on Thursday and ordered 2 more.
Good job really. Hit some metal on Friday and knackered the blade!:sob:

New blades turned up today and I've nearly finished the H / C, and Ali started chainsawing the Beech.

Off to meet Penfold1 (Ian) ,tomorrow.:waver:

Jim

Grand Master
You must live in heaven Neil .. :whistling:

Today i got all the dust extraction working, and fitted the Air Filtration System, though it isn't hanging level .. :rolling: All i have left to do now is fasten down the sharpening and polishing machines a bit of tidying up and i am back at it .. It has been a long haul .. :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Today was my first time I had been in the shed this year:goesred:
Made a couple of things, a bud vase and a bowl :thumbs:
I was hoping to get in the shed tomorrow after my hospital appointment, but as the forecast says the temperature will be below zero for most of the day I might give it a miss :rolling:

Jim

Grand Master
Well being away for a few days with work, i missed the chance of any shed work yesterday, so hoping to catch up today and tomorrow as i also have Monday off .. You never know i just may be showing a pen during these visits .. :ciggrin:

I have had some of Dan's Omega Chrome kits for quite a while now and after seeing all those beauties shown in here since he launched them this may be the ideal pen to start work on .. :thumbs:

I do believe that the drill sizes are the same as the JR's aren't they? :thinks:

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
They are indeed Jim. . I just did a jnr to use up old stock and match customer other pen and a heap of new omegas

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
I would like to turn at least one pen today, afraid I'm getting rusty. :funny: fot a load of blanks to cut up and pack first though. And go to the tip.and......... oh it's going to be a busy day

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
I'm having a pens and razors day today.

Had a bowl day yesterday.

Alongside trying to work out what my lodger in the shed is and eradicate him :vangry:

Pics of all later.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr another weekend without going in the shed :rant:
Spent yesterday doing "Family" stuff and today I was dragged out shopping for curtains and bedding :sob:

GeordieB

Registered
First Name
george
I spent all of today in the shed finishing a out door table no lathe work :sob:

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
Had a good shed weekend

finished a cigar box guitar that have been working on for ages
turned a bit more of a LV wine goblet i had started last weekend (waiting for my arms to recover before finishing)
turned a different pen..pictures to follow soonish

Steve

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I just have not been in the shed much this year just can't settle to anything except the odd bits and pieces. Well today I managed 3 hours in the shed first job to have a tidy up as I could not find a piece of cardboard that I had drawn the internal shape of some draws on. All tidy still no cardboard so went and sanded the bandsawn box made the handles and fitted some spacers to centralise the draws in the openings. Glued the handles and spacers and started on another box while that was drying. So onto the second box took the fronts of the draws and remade them in a lighter wood to contrast followed by some more sanding ready for the glueing the bandsawn slits in the main carcass.
So I seemed to achieved something today, on the way out of the shed I found my piece of card laying on the floor near the door.

Jim

Grand Master
I found my piece of card laying on the floor near the door.

Makes it a productive day Derek .. :ciggrin:

Good to see you having time in the shed my friend, i hope you are able shortly to get in more hours .. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Well a full weekend to do what ever i want .. This hasn't happened for a long time and something that i am really looking forward to .. Over the last few months things have been a little hectic at work, long hours, coming home falling asleep in the chair all the usual crap that puts you in an early grave .. :down:

Now we are back on track, so lets see what tomorrow brings .. :thumbs:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Well a full weekend to do what ever i want .. This hasn't happened for a long time and something that i am really looking forward to .. Over the last few months things have been a little hectic at work, long hours, coming home falling asleep in the chair all the usual crap that puts you in an early grave .. :down:

Now we are back on track, so lets see what tomorrow brings .. :thumbs:
Enjoy it Jim. I have a full weekend making bangles and things

Status
Not open for further replies.