• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend In The Shed Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Well Charly has had a goodly day with nanny cake, I still can't put any weight on my foot / leg and her dad has turned up and taken them both out for a meal.
I sit here sad and lonely consoling myself with a couple of bottles of Jacobs Creek, HAPPY DAYS INIT?

Jim

Grand Master
If there is anything i can do Brian give me a shout ..

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Spent the afternoon cutting the cherry up but theres still mountains of it left. Got some nice bowl blanks out of a couple of the crotches but it seems a bit pale :nooidea:

Also.chopped a big lump of something that Doug gave me last year got 4 bowl blanks out of it but I dont know what it is. Will turn one tomorrow and post it for an id.

Love the new Titan electric chainsaw great value at 44 quid from screwfix. Am off on a wood hunt now I can cut virtually anything :funny :

Jim

Grand Master
Love the new Titan electric chainsaw great value at 44 quid from screwfix. Am off on a wood hunt now I can cut virtually anything

Get your head together with Alex, Phill and start a Mad ALPH Chain Saw Group .. :winking:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Does not seem as though I am getting anything made at the moment. I have been washing and scrubbing wood today and now have it stood up drying and nice and clean. Once it is fully dried I can inspect it and check for any nails in it before preparing it for a small project I want to make.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Down at my sons in Kent on the Isle of Sheppy. We have been sorting his man cave out today he's got more bloody tools than me.

He has been out of the Army for 12months after serving for 22years in the Royal Engineers. He retrained during his last 12 months and has started his own Plumbing & Heating Business up. He is Gas safe registered so if anyone nearby wants a boiler service etc at the right price give us a shout.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Have had a slow day today as the Great-grandson was here but he did try and help as he loves to sweep up, also he was trying to cut wood into pen blank size and not getting very far what do you expect with a toy plastic saw he is only 19months old aren't they just great.
I did however manage to mark all of my pen blanks and sort them into their respective piles all that I need to do now is lay them out so they are in alphabetical order.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Incredible day yesterday its Friday morning 7 am here. Sorting out owners and tenants in our missionary (we look after 26 young missionaries flats etc) activities searching for the holy grail in medicos for radiation treatment, new glasses all round for both of us under the pensioner scheme removing horrible stains some benighted character or a loose bird deposited on our car bonnet took two hours. The good news for us our twelve months mission finishes on the 30th of this month. Our day begins at 5am to bed at around 11pm. Our two relatively new now kittens have almost stopped taking the short cut climbing up the legs to sit on the lap.Our eldest and her new husband travelled 3000 miles to be with us for a couple of days newly remarried at 59 yrs shes a sweetheart back to her new home from Perth to the NSW Central coast then into the middle of Australia next Sunday. I did have a smile at the member lining up his pen blanks then putting them in alphabetical order. If it were possible end for end my stash would reach around my block of land more than once and yes I did shuffle a few around.

Take care everyone I am trying my best. Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
The lady who i bought the lathe off has been in touch to say there is more attachments and bar for me to collect today .. :nooidea: Hopefully have a few pens turned also as my 80 year old cousin is calling again on Sunday so will get nothing done then .. :ciggrin:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Won't get into the shed today but will get a trip to Turners Retreat, Margaret wants to go to Bawtry Caravans. My plan is to take a wrong turning on the way home and get lost ending up at Turners Retreat and trying to look all innocent as it dawns on Margaret's face that I planned it all along. :whistling::whistling:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well I'm off to play with my little lathe and new speed genie got some plastic samples to make up he he he good init

Matt

Registered
Hoping to get back on the lathe today after about a six month break due to work. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten everything! :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.