• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Well i'm peaved!!

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I ordered a couple of bits from Exotic....i have been following on track and trace.....5 days in the US its now been 12 in the UK. Bloody Parcel Force....its spent 6 days at Coventry in customs.....ok not to bad....but then they posted 'held at depot awaiting payment of customs charge' again okish 4 days ago they added customer notified.....well i am still waiting....so a quick phone call....bounced around 4 different departments...."we can take payment over the phone" great.....oh sorry its not allowing us......we need to call you back.....:sob::sob:

Is it just me or is the postal service really cr@p....oh and whilst on hold they promote there European next day delivery service.....yeah like thats going to happen!!:sob::sob:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I've got something waiting in customs at Coventry, similar thing but I was only notified in the tracking today so we'll see how long it takes now. I don't actually see why I should pay any duty on a collet chuck, it's not like I'm importing a load of them. I could buy one in the US and bring it back in my luggage and legitimately not declare it on my return. It's money for nothing for bloody parcel force :vangry: :rant:

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
One time I had 150 Pen Kits from China stuck in our Customs for two weeks in Sydney two hundred miles away at the point of entry. They let me know after three weeks after they arrived.

I went into our Customs Dept here where I live. As I enter there was this great stuffed Hodiak Bear they had seized. The Clerk behind the counter was a pain in the bum so I likened him to this 9 foot Bear suggesting he must be a family friend of Customs to frighten unneccessary charges. They withdrew the three weeks overdue, arranged for the parcel to proceed to me with Cash On Delivery for normal charges. Could have gone either way but the guys boss looking on was highly amused and made the decision with an apology.

Our postal service has adopted a layered charge/delivery date system.

Peter.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Quick up date......
I had a call back....if i want to drive 40 miles i can collect my parcel if i pay the fees.....can i not pay you and you deliver??. No sorry we cant take payment over the phone....or online!!
Some service this.....another call to the complaints dept and my charges are now paid....
I wouldnt mind but i have 3 more parcels coming:sob::sob:

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Quick up date......
I had a call back....if i want to drive 40 miles i can collect my parcel if i pay the fees.....can i not pay you and you deliver??. No sorry we cant take payment over the phone....or online!!
Some service this.....another call to the complaints dept and my charges are now paid....
I wouldnt mind but i have 3 more parcels coming:sob::sob:

Now imagine that happening with every country in Europe over the next 7-10 years!!

PS your website link doesn't seem to work

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Soon I will show some of the pens I have received from various parts of China I bought to canabalise, all for a few dollars each in porcelain, stainless steel in biro form and fountain pens.

FREE FREIGHT often need to sign on arrival, all posted through Hong Kong. I don,t know how they do it, but its quick and efficient a lesson for our gone to the dogs mail system.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).