• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fancy a day in York?

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Of course i will be there, do you read the forums ... :tongue:

Cash on the door my friend, unless you leave the toilet window open that is .. :chuckle:

Is this wise Neil .. Do they know the consequences mixing with the likes of us .. :devil:

Read from end to end Jim!
You said you would be there, but no mention of paying:whistling::devil:

Some of the Normal people do have a genuine craft interest, whilst others want to see the freak show!:funny::funny:

The perception of some of the younger staff at the School, is that I am organising a convention of old, bearded, pipe smoking men, with leather patches on the elbows of their jackets!:funny::funny:

On saying that a Frog, a cowboy, and a 17 year old, will be attending, I was greeted with Derisive laughter!
Nobody questioned the first two, but thought a young man, one lie too far!:funny:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Read from end to end Jim!
You said you would be there, but no mention of paying:whistling::devil:

Some of the Normal people do have a genuine craft interest, whilst others want to see the freak show!:funny::funny:

The perception of some of the younger staff at the School, is that I am organising a convention of old, bearded, pipe smoking men, with leather patches on the elbows of their jackets!:funny::funny:

On saying that a Frog, a cowboy, and a 17 year old, will be attending, I was greeted with Derisive laughter!
Nobody questioned the first two, but thought a young man, one lie too far!:funny:

only problem with that is i will have been 18 for 10 days when the event is

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Didn't have Keith, but can do!
The 11 I mentioned are the ones who have either stated that the cheque is in the post, or contacted me to make other payment arrangements.
If you want to pay on the day you can do, but please let me know, so I can put you down as definitely coming.
If every body comes, we are up to 20 / 21 attendees, including demonstrators, sales, volunteers.
If I have to miss the demo's myself, to squeeze another paying ticket in, I will do.

Thanks Neil, put me down as cash on the door.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I am extremely sorry to have to break some awful bad news to all of you.

It would appear that after speaking with my Drain we can shuffle a few things around and she has advised me to go ahead and book a room with Premier inns at Clifton Park Avenue
Shipton Road YO30 5PA.
Having booked this room it would be a sin not to go to the ball init Cinders?
In the light of this most unfortunate event I wonder If I could ask you Neil to add me to the list of attendees and accept a payment at the door from me please.

Jim I thank you for your Pm which has been a deciding factor in this terrible decision, so I am afraid you will have to bare you share of blame, sorry mate.

I do appreciate the strain my unforgivable actions will put upon the event and the day as a whole and I most humbly apologise in advance for anything I might do or say.

WHHOOO HHOOO SEE YOU THERE GUYS AND GALS INIT?

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob

It would appear that after speaking with my Drain we can shuffle a few things around and she has advised me to go ahead and book a room with Premier inns at Clifton Park Avenue
Shipton Road YO30 5PA.
In the light of this most unfortunate event I wonder If I could ask you Neil to add me to the list of attendees and accept a payment at the door from me please.

Jim I thank you for your Pm which has been a deciding factor in this terrible decision, so I am afraid you will have to bare you share of blame, sorry mate.

I do appreciate the strain my unforgivable actions will put upon the event and the day as a whole and I most humbly apologise in advance for anything I might do or say.

:thumbs::funny:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex

Shipton Road YO30 5PA.

o god that the one i was think of staying in :rolling::rolling::rolling: i guess i dont need to worry about entertainment :funny::funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil

Shipton Road YO30 5PA.

Added you to the list Grump!
The public liability insurance will be increased, and the site supervisors will now be issued with live ammunition:funny::funny::funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Give him a 700 nitro express that should do

Them, not him Alex!
Although the building is relatively new, it's on the same site as the old one!
There are at least 10 different Oaks on site, a large amount of what could be described as "specimen" planting, and a bloody lot of Rowan Trees!
The school, and grounds, are covered by CCTV, and any chainsaw activity will be covered under the "Shoot to kill" clause:funny::funny::funny:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Them, not him Alex!
Although the building is relatively new, it's on the same site as the old one!
There are at least 10 different Oaks on site, a large amount of what could be described as "specimen" planting, and a bloody lot of Rowan Trees!
The school, and grounds, are covered by CCTV, and any chainsaw activity will be covered under the "Shoot to kill" clause:funny::funny::funny:

It ok I will bring an armored one of these

john-deere-tracked-853-feller-buncher-photo.jpg

that solves that problem next :love_it::love_it:

Jim

Grand Master
Very pleased that you can make it Brian, the meet would not be the same without extra security been there .. :thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Could anyone that going pick me up from the hotel which is about 5 mins from the school?

I cant see picking you up as a problem Alex but at the moment I don't know where I will be staying, may be an hotel or maybe a camp-site in deepest North Yorkshire :face::face::face::face:

But I will pick you up, and hopefully meet up with the rest of the gang before / after the big event :banana::banana::banana:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I cant see picking you up as a problem Alex but at the moment I don't know where I will be staying, may be an hotel or maybe a camp-site in deepest North Yorkshire :face::face::face::face:

But I will pick you up, and hopefully meet up with the rest of the gang before / after the big event :banana::banana::banana:

ok i think i will be staying in the same hotel as grump so i will see if i can hitch a lift with him

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Just to chuck a spanner in the works my Drain has decided I am taking her and we are looking around the city of York again.
She has bought a new bag for the occasion and some new clothes, and told me how much I am looking forward to it.
Neil can we have an update on times and places etc please It's getting a bit long to look through the thread.
I did find the address and the bad bit about no pub so will have to get drunk before turning up init?
What time is kickoff and kickout etc?
Don't worry Drain won't be at the school so I can misbehave as much as I like.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Just to chuck a spanner in the works my Drain has decided I am taking her and we are looking around the city of York again.
She has bought a new bag for the occasion and some new clothes, and told me how much I am looking forward to it.
Neil can we have an update on times and places etc please It's getting a bit long to look through the thread.
I did find the address and the bad bit about no pub so will have to get drunk before turning up init?
What time is kickoff and kickout etc?
Don't worry Drain won't be at the school so I can misbehave as much as I like.

Officially 10am - 4pm Brian, but I will be probably be there from about 8.30am. If any body wants to come before 10am please feel free to do so, but you might be roped in to move stuff about!

The Joseph Rowntree School.
Haxby Rd.
New Earswick.
York.
YO32 4BZ.
I'll get the itinerary together as soon as I can, but due to the IT dept, it seems I may have to be in 2 different rooms, at the same time!
I can't resolve this until I am back at the school a week on Monday, and actually get to talk to the "turn it off, turn it on again" experts!:fart:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Well my tickets are book for my train just got to do the hotel as dad going to sort it as the price went up over night :mad::mad:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).