• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fancy a day in York?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Is that what it takes to impress the ladies? All these years and I never knew that.
We had a dress down day at Fujitsu when I worked there, I was told I could wear whatever I wanted to.
They weren't impressed when I turned up in snorkel, mankini and flippers.

That is a thought I want to erase from my memory as soon as I can....

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
Is that what it takes to impress the ladies? All these years and I never knew that.
We had a dress down day at Fujitsu when I worked there, I was told I could wear whatever I wanted to.
They weren't impressed when I turned up in snorkel, mankini and flippers.
that's where I saw you!!untitled.png

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Stop it, its hard enough to sleep on these hot nights as it is, without having nightmares. :funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Please please don't let it be a mankini :vomit:

:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:
I have arranged for a photographer to be present. These pictures may have to be heavily edited as they may appear in the School newsletter!
The thought of a 16 year old (parent) showing the unedited versions to their kids may get me the sack!:devil: :funny:

An outstanding piece of craftsmanship has been commissioned from a member of this forum, and will be a great secret addition to the day!

We are officially now sold out! But who cares! Any one else who would like to come just let me know, I'm sure we could sort something out:whistling:

Looking forward to seeing you there:thumbs:

Best regards,
Neil

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Neil

For those of us bringing auction lots etc on the day, what's the arrangements, timing etc to bring them in? Presumably we'll need to pre label them as listed on the auction site and they'll need sorting in advance of the auction taking place. Can we get cars close for unloading?

Only 2 weeks - getting excited - missus just smiles, doesn't understand what the fuss is about:whistling:

cowboy

Registered
Hi Neil

Officially 10am - 4pm Brian, but I will be probably be there from about 8.30am. If any body wants to come before 10am please feel free to do so, but you might be roped in to move stuff about!

just let me no what time and l will give you a hand if you need it:meback:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I missed your post here Bob but I think I covered most of that in the two weeks to go thread.
Cowboy, yes you can pay on the door, and thanks for the offer of help.
I will be there from 8.30.
We will be going in on Thursday / Friday to get everything set up, barring the demonstration lathe, which Philip is kindly bringing on the day.
I will still have a bit of running around on the morning though.
If you are bringing lots like Bob, could you please stick a bit of tape or a label, saying mistral blanks a, mistral blanks b, for example.
How the auction actually goes is dependent on whether Paul can make it or not. I know he's trying his hardest to be there!

As people are coming in from two different entrances, I'll put up a please pay here sign in the cluster.
If you have pre paid just give your forum name to whoever is manning it. There will be a pass with your name already written on the back.

Spent yesterday sorting out wood for sales and making sure I knew where everything else was that needs to go up for the day.
Most importantly Grumps Laser engraved toilet picture!:bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).