• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First attempt at Kitless

Pierre---

First Name
Pierre
Much better indeed.
And what about a black finial on top of the barrel, to match the cap?
Never-ending story...

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
Wow - That is lovely. I am finally at a point that I am ready to take this plunge as well. I look forward to seeing your next project. Congratulations - that is a handsome pen.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Ian great to see this thread continued in time for Sammy to cruise as well. I hold using a dedicated two jaw chuck from Timberbits,com. No fuss top repeatability but in all cases when removed I mark the position in the chuck when I put it back its ready to roll smoothly.

Peter.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Love it, that's a really nice pen and superb for a first go, not that I know much as not tried yet. :goesred:

An obvious, probably stupid question following on from Melanie saying hers was a good fit using a 1/4 " drill. You didn't use a 6mm one did you? Often sold under the guise of 1/4" which it is not!

I have a number of 1/4" drills and they have a fair bit of tollerance when measured :rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).