• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Glueing tubes into blanks .... what am I missing?

Druthman

First Name
Neil
Hi, I have a metalworking lathe and I always drill and bore the holes in my blanks so that the pen tube is a good sliding fit. I then rough up the tubes with a bit of coarse emery paper and glue them in with some medium CA glue, twisting them as they are inserted to spread the glue about. I've made literally hundreds using this method and have never had a failure. I think that the secret is to ensure that the fit between the tube and the blank is as good as possible.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).