• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Sussex!

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi all

I am a very new wood turner based in Sussex... had my lathe for 7 weeks now and have just turned my first pens.

The main thing I have found is that I needed to sort out my shed!!!

Now acquired a bench grinder (handy for making things sharp!) and band saw and some gouges etc.... amazing how quickly space gets used up!

Just thought I would introduce myself here..... and I apologise in advance if my questions seem too basic!

Cheers

Steve

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Welcome, Steve - you're gonna learn a lot here, matey - but not much concerning tidy sheds. There ain't no such thing!

Looking forward to seeing some piccies!

Bob.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi and welcome Steve you may have seen that there are no silly questions the only silly thing besides this lot on here is not to ask and not learn

Welcome, Steve - you're gonna learn a lot here, matey - but not much concerning tidy sheds. There ain't no such thing!

Looking forward to seeing some piccies!

Bob.

What you sayin my shed ain't tidy ask Vic

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hi Steve - welcome to the fold. Enjoy your turning and ask as many questions as you like - everybody here had to start somewhere.

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi and welcome Steve you may have seen that there are no silly questions the only silly thing besides this lot on here is not to ask and not learn

What you sayin my shed ain't tidy ask Vic

Thanks Dalboy ... have just posted my first question about finishes..

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the Forum.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Steve sounds like you are up and running, let the accumulation begin mate, enjoy and share with pics. Welcome from here.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).