• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Sussex!

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve and welcome to the Forum. Plenty of good advice to be found on here and some good banter.

:thumbs::thumbs:
Hi Vic

Thanks....banter is good!

Had a look at your website...you have certainly made some beautiful items!

I hope one day to be as skilled as you clearly are!

Cheers

Steve

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your pens.

Hi Stewart

Thanks for the welcome!

Unless there is more than one of you in the UK....then I hope to be as skilled as you one day!

See you at the next South Downs Woodturners club meeting?

I have been a frustrated turner...as not able to get a lathe until 7 weeks ago... And been watching all the demonstrations at the club meetings and seeing all the fine entries in the monthly club competitions....

Amazing how much went into my small brain from those meetings....and stayed in there!

Cheers

Steve

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve sounds like you are up and running, let the accumulation begin mate, enjoy and share with pics. Welcome from here.

Peter.

Thanks Peter.... Up and crawling.... Not skilled enough yet to run!

Thanks for the welcome... Pics will come soon.

Cheers

Steve

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve - see you at the next meeting, then! Still haven't made an earring stand, though....

Yep.. See you there.

I am attempting to turn one.. If it turns out ok-ish I will have my first ever entry... 24 evenly spaced holes huh!!!! Argh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Hi Steve, yes a very warm welcome to you. I am based in North Yorkshire, but at the moment am sitting in a rather cold caravan in Argyll, Scotland, and talk about rain! Never get rain like this at home. I can see you are loving it on the forum already, questions you naturally will have, someone will come to the rescue I am certain. A great bunch of folk on here.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Steve, yes a very warm welcome to you. I am based in North Yorkshire, but at the moment am sitting in a rather cold caravan in Argyll, Scotland, and talk about rain! Never get rain like this at home. I can see you are loving it on the forum already, questions you naturally will have, someone will come to the rescue I am certain. A great bunch of folk on here.

Since I joined I have asked for a share of that rain. Well got to be careful what you ask our equal 4th year of rain on record. It is so welcome.

Peter.

sfurini

Graduate Member
First Name
Stewart
Good luck with it! I'm glad you've got a lathe now and are having fun using it! I thought I might get started today...but it didn't happen. Oh, well, still a bit of time left. :rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).