• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I have to ask its killing me!!

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I find that England footie is a bit like a horrible car crash - I know I SHOULDN't look, I know I'll REGRET having looked, but somehow I STILL look. You'd think at my age I'd have learned better! Now rugby - there's a great game! No pansies on the field - if you don't believe me just watch all the blood flowing - and the ref forcing the player who's bleeding off the field even though he insists it's nothing ... Those boys are HARD!

Oh, and BTW - what the heck is LEAGUE??? There's only one type of rugby ... :devil:

MarkW

I'll watch it because I want them to do well and I enjoy watching Spain and Brazil play. However, my season starts in September!

I love football but of the American kind. I am a die hard Minnesota Vikings fan, been to see them play twice and love the ethic and almost complete lack of disrespect the players have for each other but most importantly the officials.

Hardly ever see a player sent off, never see a player argue with an umpire and two guys can hit each other at full tilt and then help each other off the ground and pat each other on the back and say "good hit"

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Well watching Spain 1 & Holland 5 tonight certainly kept my interest going, great game :thumbs::thumbs:

three games down only 61 to go :banana::banana::banana:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
The England Team have been to visit an orphanage in Brazil today.

"It was heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jose aged 6.
:nooidea:

I am just going to have to borrow that.

Jim

Grand Master
I know most of you will be in bed at 11pm, but let me remind you it is the time England start their world cup campaign .. :ciggrin:

Sleep well ... :winking:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil

"It was heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jose aged 6.

Mark,

I wondered when this one would reappear! Four years ago it was about visiting Soweto, still very funny though!

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob

Err -em. I won't mention the Aussie match results then:wink:

I'll be watching tonight, bet the lights dim a bit at half time when all the kettles go on

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).