• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi did as advised its not the tail stock the headstock adapter looks like it has to many groves so is not actually fitting. I've wasted over 170 quid so far and feel like chucking it in

Unfortunately, this is something that many find when they buy the cheaper Chinese made machines. No one likes to waste money but you will find that if you stick with it the rewards are great and I am not talking about money that can be made selling what you make.
Try to sell what machine you have and buy a better quality one and you will find the experience much better and enjoyable.
I know this is not what you may want to hear.
If you do go down this route ask as many questions about machines and accessories before committing to a new or second-hand equipment

Antpens

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ant
It was a cheap purchase to see if we enjoyed it but having already out laid the amount and not even been able to try it I'm hesitant to spend more. Espically as a new lathe seems to be over 200

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
It was a cheap purchase to see if we enjoyed it but having already out laid the amount and not even been able to try it I'm hesitant to spend more. Espically as a new lathe seems to be over 200

Try joining a club before giving up they will be able toshow you how enjoyable it is and that way you do not have to fork out a fortune. Roughly where abouts are you

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).