• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My First Pen

markmcg

Apprentice Member
First Name
Mark
Hi,
I tried the super glue & linseed oil as you tube video guide...didn't really work for me. I have carnauba wax, must be putting it on wrong :-|

Will try again :-)

ArtyCrafty

Apprentice Member
First Name
Nichola
I know I'm new to this forum, but just wanted to say well done as it looks like a nice pen. Not quite sure by looking at the photo if there is a small gap at the nib, but you're on your way to ticking all the boxes, super stuff keep turning.

markmcg

Apprentice Member
First Name
Mark
Ok got some friction polish & some pen blanks...guess what I am doing over the weekend :-)

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Mark it must be catching but I do like pics of people for Avatars. Not sure members could take seeing one of me.

Finishes are dependant on the blank you are using. Horses for courses.

Peter.

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
I gave up on the boiled linseed oil and superglue Mark, I do use super glue, C.A. then polishes as you have been advised.
Think we should all, even Australian Peter, try to put up a picture, none could be worse than me! As I said, nice to put a face to an name. Friendly I think?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).