• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to Penturners.co.uk

Jim

Grand Master
Jim I suggested to Dave that if he joined he could talk to Yorkie direct either through the forum or through the pm section.
If he did join he could let us know when his demo days are on and his special discount days also just as he does on facebook!!:thumbs:

I hope he comes here Terry, he is a good bloke ... :bwink:

Yorkie

I love the idea of doing a demo at Turner's Retreat. I always shop there when I come over so that would work for me perfectly. Let me know if you can get something hooked up and I'll bring my stuff with me; sounds like fun.

Jim

Grand Master
Do you do any casting Yorkie, either with Polyester Resin or Alumilite? :thinks:

Yorkie

Funny you should mention that, I just got through building a pressure pot for casting and got some Alumilite. I plan on doing some soon but I'm sure I'll be crap at it until I get it figured out. I did a lot of research on the pressure pot and found a used Binks pressure pot was best. It cost about 25 pounds to buy the fittings. I have the instructions for building a pressure pot for casting and can bring those with me if you'd like. My plan is to do a lot of clear casting.

Do you do any casting Yorkie, either with Polyester Resin or Alumilite? :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Binks over here are quite expensive Yorkie, thou the reviews i have read on it all come out good ... :ciggrin:

I have just started with the pressure pot myself, thou not up to scratch just yet i have had some nice blanks to turn... :thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Yorkie/Gents
I have just had a reply from Dave Green at Turners Retreat and he would be prepared to let Yorkie have a demo on a Saturday but he would like to have a bit more info. such as how long the demo would be and probably a bit more on dates.
He says he is always on the lookout for new faces!!! He will try and look at our forum but says he is very busy at the moment. No doubt with the puchase of Craft Supplies.
Yorkie if you can give any info. you can then I will pass it on.
Regards

Terry:thumbs:

Yorkie

Saturday during the morning or day would work on April 26th. I would bring a raw blank, ready for CA, and a blank I already CA'd and is ready to polish. I don't see it taking more than 30 minutes total, maybe an hour with questions and chit chat. I need a lathe, preferably a small lathe but a full size will work. I need a small bowl for water and the rest I'll bring myself. Including the blanks, CA, polish, sandpaper, abranet, paper towels, accelerant etc. Will there be a dust extractor on the lathe for any fumes?

Also, I am doing a demonstration on CA finish at Birstall woodturning club on Wednesday May 1st in the evening.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Nice work relim, and Yorkie i will be seeing you and hopefully a few more members from here there. :ciggrin:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Just thinking Yorkie do you want to give me your real name because I know that Dave will want to advertise this to drag as many punters in as possible.
If you want to keep your name off the forum for whatever reason you can always use the private message section.

Regards
Terry:thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Terry, your a star my friend, look forward to meeting you and others on this date ... :thumbs:

Yorkie, thanks for making the offer, looking forward to the day .. :thumbs:

Yorkie

Sounds great. My name is Stephen Naylor. I was born and raised in Rotherham and moved to California in 1995 and then to North Carolina in 2003. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Do a lot of people do CA finish in the UK?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).