• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to Penturners.co.uk

Jim

Grand Master
Birstall It IS Then. That Is Going To Be Wednesday May 1St At 7Pm. I'm Looking Forward To Seeing Everyone and Swapping Stories. I'll Bring Some Of My Pens With Me. I'll Also Bring A Few Blanks To Trade.

Is this still on Yorkie? There is a couple of us that will be there for sure, also i will be entertaining a guest on the same day. :ciggrin: So we need to know so that we can kill two birds with one stone ... :thumbs:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Sorry guys unable to get together tomorrow. :rolling: Terry i have talked with Jim and he will give you the run down on wednesday so hopefully another day mate. :ciggrin:

Yorkie

All is good, guys. Looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow night. I brought some of my finished pens, some blanks for trade. I have three blanks to CA demonstrate and two that have been CA'd already and I can polish those to show finished result.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Hey Yorkie, this may sound a little silly but what are you looking for regarding blank swaps here in the UK? I mean all the wood choices you have in the USA and all we can offer is fruits, Sycamore, ash, and so on. I know who is on a winner here. :ciggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF2163.JPG
    DSCF2163.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2166.JPG
    DSCF2166.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 2

Yorkie

I like Yew and anything two-toned; pippy, just something interesting. It's more about sharing the wood, so I'm not especially bothered about like-for-like. Or we could trade for pen mechanisms? I'm just looking forward to meeting other wood turners and stuff.

Jim

Grand Master
Great night Steve, you came across very well, quite a few people left very happy .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).