• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to Penturners.co.uk

Jim

Grand Master
Also, I am doing a demonstration on CA finish at Birstall woodturning club on Wednesday May 1st in the evening.

If the Turners Retreat doesn't come off Yorkie, i will try my best to get to this one ... :thumbs:

Yorkie

I'll be there from April 26th through May 8th and I haven't set any plans yet, so, I don't mind traveling a little. Be good to spend some time with some fellow turners. Maybe we could all bring a couple of blanks and do a pot luck or something else fun to make it more fun. Let me know what works, guys. I'm flexible.

Jim

Grand Master
Terry i will be making one in at Birstall, Tony may come along also, pity about Turners Retreat thou? Maybe there wasn't enough money to be made with it being at such short notice? :rolling:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
You could be right Jim. When we get some more details off Yorkie eg times then we'll have to arrange a get together.
It'll be great to put faces to names more so when we have a bit of banter going and we don't really know who we are talking to!!!!!
By the way did you know Turners Retreat are having a Robert Sorby open day next Saturday. Might nbe some discounts going!!
Regards
Terry.

Yorkie

Birstall It IS Then. That Is Going To Be Wednesday May 1St At 7Pm. I'm Looking Forward To Seeing Everyone and Swapping Stories. I'll Bring Some Of My Pens With Me. I'll Also Bring A Few Blanks To Trade.

Yorkie

I just got this email back from Birstall woodturning club. It says they charge $5 for non-members and also has directions.

We are all looking forward to your demonstration. Yes the lathes all have dust collection facilities. Visitors are most welcome but we do charge a fee of £5 to cover heat light etc. Yes I am sure a small bowl of water can also be provided.
If you have a sat nav system the post code is WF14 8NA. Otherwise take the M1 motorway north from Rotherham to the M62 junction. Travel west along the M 62 to Junction 25, take the first exit on the A 644 to Mirfield & Dewsbury. In the centre of Mirfield take a right signposted Station (opposite TESCO supermarket) follow the road under the bridge then take the right hand fork of the first left turn. Follow the lane to the car park, you will see the premises straight ahead when you enter the complex via the barrier. If in doubt maps etc. can be obtained from our website. Home Page

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I would think that £5 would be the norm for something like this, hope i can make it mate. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).