• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Practice with the skew

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
Had a order for light pulls so practice with skew plugs in the ends to hide the knots (1) in Oak (2) in Idigbo (1) in light Idigbo 15 minutes each
Finshed with friction polish easy money all sold

Attachments

• DSCF1670.jpg
    DSCF1670.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 56

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Always need for these the plug is an excellent idea I have need for one in my house will make a plug for it as well.The previous one has been a constant source of amusement for our cats for years. They are currently banned from the room as they can be too mischievous. For some reason I am drawn to the second pull. Nice turning.

Taming the Skew

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Great practice with the skew. Don't leave it to long between using it as you will find you will need to practice every time If the plugs are to be glued in it will make it hard to replace the cord later if it breaks

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Nice work. It surprises me how many different tools you can use to do the same job. You could make all those using a spindle gouge as well and I've seen similar stuff done with a Bedan.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).