• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Small space lathe.

Winemaker

Registered
First Name
Tom
I have one of these its a good lathe for small jobs and my Pen mandrill fits ok 100_2853.jpg also you can get a chuck for it

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks for the pics all round they sure have come a long way since I bought mine. It appears you use a tool holder and variable speed Bob, I raised my one and fitted a larger drive for hand operation it was more relaxing for fine work. They only came with a fiddly tiny inbuilt low voltage motor when they were first made, certainly come a long way.

Wonderful to cart around for demos etc . Good of you both to show them this way .So easy to see progress and usefulness.

Peter.

Bob Ellis

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Yes, I use both a tool holder and variable speeds. I use the cross slide for a variety of tools including carbide cutting tools mounted in a tool holder, a cut-off tool mounted in a tool holder (useful for cutting the tenon on American and European pens), and a tool rest for guiding hand-held tools.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).