• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Managed to "dress" a TM Alpha kit today in rollerball form.

This was my first attempt at one, not too happy tbh, as there are still tiny scratches on it, I have ordered new micro pads as I think my ones are getting near the end of their life.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks like you need to press the centreband in.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
On the way there I have never used MM heaps of products give near mirror finish if thats what you seek. U Beaut triple eee, toothpaste, car polish etc.

Peter.

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
It looks like you need to press the centreband in.

Peter

Thanks for the heads up on that Peter.

My first time building one of these and the instructions said the centre band was made from 3 parts when in reality it came pre assembled, it was however locked solid and took a fair bit of pressing once I had dissasembled it and used a socket to give the clearance in order to close it up, checked the other kit I have of this and it was a lot slacker, lesson learnt and it looks a whole lot better now.

TM Alpha by Freck Fraser, on Flickr

On the way there I have never used MM heaps of products give near mirror finish if thats what you seek. U Beaut triple eee, toothpaste, car polish etc.

Peter.

Cheers for the heads up, will need to get some polish and give it a go.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Thanks for the heads up on that Peter.

My first time building one of these and the instructions said the centre band was made from 3 parts when in reality it came pre assembled, it was however locked solid and took a fair bit of pressing once I had dissasembled it and used a socket to give the clearance in order to close it up, checked the other kit I have of this and it was a lot slacker, lesson learnt and it looks a whole lot better now.

TM Alpha by Freck Fraser, on Flickr

Cheers for the heads up, will need to get some polish and give it a go.

Now that looks much better:thumbs: If you have any buffing mops you can also buff to a mirror finish.

Peter

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Now that looks much better:thumbs: If you have any buffing mops you can also buff to a mirror finish.

Peter

I've got one but it didn't seem to make much of a difference, I used a bar of Menzerna "Super Polish", not very "super" but it may not be suitable!!!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I've got one but it didn't seem to make much of a difference, I used a bar of Menzerna "Super Polish", not very "super" but it may not be suitable!!!

I use the brown "EEE" first then the white "white lightning" then Menzerna P175.

If you are using the P175 on it's own then that won't do it as it has a very low cut factor, but a very high shine factor. I use separate mops for each compound.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).