• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

York 2 Part Deux!

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Well I have been in York tonight and the traffic was heavy towards Haxby. Must be all those goodies being donated on numerous wagons causing slow moving traffic. :whistling:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Neil.

Are there still any places open? I would be interested to coming down for the day and meeting everyone. :thumbs:

Look forward to meeting you there Mark.
I'd offer you a lift but I've been instructed to go back to the inlaws at Barnard castle afterwards for a barbeque. Apparently if I don't, it's me who'll be roasted. :down:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
If you do have a mini pdf poster or similar in the offing, I'd be interested too Neil. I'm sure Dan's and my mailing lists have a large crossover

A very basic PDF has been added to the first post in this thread. (Thanks Jim)
As long as the basic information is the same, I don't mind anyone changing the layout to suit.
If a promised "Proper one" materialises, I'll let people know!

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
quick question

if i make it to york..what a journey...can i bring a few bits to donate ?

or will it be too late?

I do not wish to offer anything and then not turn up

Steve

Jim

Grand Master
Certainly not bored of it Steve, far from it my friend .. As i said, it it attract a number of bids .. :thumbs:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
A very basic PDF has been added to the first post in this thread. (Thanks Jim)
As long as the basic information is the same, I don't mind anyone changing the layout to suit.
If a promised "Proper one" materialises, I'll let people know!
Thanks Neil - I'll give it a shout in a newsletter in the coming days. Did you put my logo through your washing machine? Maybe you just ran it over with Ali's car. I've suffered worse.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
We had many donations last year by people who could not attend, some even donated stuff knowing they would have to post it at their own cost to the winning bidder on the day, and it was most appreciated.

Many brought stuff on the day to be either auctioned on the day or used by kids during the year, or as a personal present for a forum member they had known for years but never met.

Bob Lonsdale brought a big box of his offcuts last year which have been used extensively in this academic year!
I would love to show Bob and other forum members what the kids have produced by their donations, but I keep hitting red tape legalities.

York 2 is actually for you lot!

Think of it as a social gathering!
I filled the day too much last year, but you live and learn!

Many members have known each other electronically, but never met, this year has been hopefully organised to remedy that.
Tony Wilson will be well worth a watch as his style fits in so well with the humour of the guys on here, but the day is basically yours to do with what you will.
Any money raised will be a bonus... Just have a good time!

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks Neil - I'll give it a shout in a newsletter in the coming days. Did you put my logo through your washing machine? Maybe you just ran it over with Ali's car. I've suffered worse.

Your logo has caused my so many headaches Phil!
Looks great until you PDF it!:down:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Phil has very kindly re jigged the PDF to be presentable!

Thanks Phil.:thumbs:

Attachments

• york 2.pdf
    468.9 KB · Views: 16

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Dietary Requirements please!

The better half has just reminded me that I haven't asked this!

If you are attending and have a specific dietary requirement please could you let me know?
Please post here, or PM if you are coming and need Vegetarian, Gluten free etc?

The food seemed to go down very well last year but we had a lot of salad left over!:whistling:

Thinking of replacing it with chips!:drool:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).