• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

York 2 Part Deux!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I can rig up a fake doctors note saying for medical reasons you need to meet up with some fellow nutters :whistling: Waddaya think Paul, would she fall for that? :ciggrin:

Hope you can make it Terry, be great to see you there!

It might work Bob, I'll ask here Duh! another visit to the pond for me :funny:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I have just had a message from Doug that he wont be able to make it on the 18th is there anyone who can give me a lift pretty please

Gutted I can't make it, hope someone can step in & give you a lift mate.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Just to let you know you have already helped out guys!
A table top Delta Band saw crapped out this week. It was 15 years old so we haven't done too badly.

We would not normally be able to replace this on our yearly allowance, but your auction bids will cover it, and more!:thumbs:

Many thanks,
Neil.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
A few more bits for the auction a dremel type drill in a case with some extras never been used
DSCF2078.JPGDSCF2079.JPG
A rigging frame for you boat builders new still in its original package
DSCF2080.JPGDSCF2081.JPG
A model boat builders stand / clamp again new never been used
DSCF2082.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
These items have now been added to the web site... there are some superb bargains still to be had. Cut out the competition and bid early :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Looking like I have a fly in ointment, gonna be hard for me to be there init?
Never say die and all that.

Just had eye test and they say I have Glaucoma, one thing after another init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I feel for you Brian, but it would be such a shame if you couldn't give the auction the benefit of your good self :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob

WHAT! I've got a heavy box full of bits, you've gotta be there or your postie better have strong arms.

Sorry about the glaucoma Brian but there is treatment for it and it's very common, just depends to what degree.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
He said on last eye test that I needed to test every year instead of two but I couldn't remember why.
Now he says every 6 months and given me eye drops there is a build up of intraocular pressure in my left eye affecting the open-angle.
I don't see things coming at me from the left until it's in front of me, Drain was quick to test it and slapped me fat gob before I knew it.
So it looks like I gotta find another job cos I need to drive everywhere in this one, back to bog cleaning again I ain't fit for nuffink else these days.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
That's not so clever Brian, last thing you need at the minute.

My mate who's 80 has had it for years, sounds similar to you and the drops have helped him a lot. He gets checked every 6 months as well and he still drives and plays golf so there is reason for optimism.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Thanks for that Bob, I knew me eyes were fading but live with it, this has crept up without me noticing.
Optician said no need to notify DVLA yet as it ain't that bad but it is progressing and won't get better.
I don't wanna be a menace on the roads, seen enuf idiots driving when they shouldn't and always said if I get that bad shoot me, they shoot orses don't they?

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil

Bl##dy hell Brian!

The second do has to be better than the first, and it can't be without you!:kiss:

Doug has a reasonable excuse for not coming, PhilH is going to froggy France ( a very poor excuse, in my opinion):devil:

YOU HAVE TO BE THERE! init!

Hope everything works out well for you:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).