• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Harrogate 2014

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Your no longer Sue's favourite woodturner residing in York :nonono:
I think it is something to do with " blue rinse army, with sharpened elbows" :funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Shame I cant make it I grew up (kind of!) in Harrogate, but got a 3 day Christmas market those days

Not bad at all... 3 day market, where is that? you never know I think I'm about Oxford and can pop in to do a bit of barracking.. or just a tea :funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Whoever goes please take your camera and share the delights with us SWMBO and I have accompanied each other to Craft shows for ever it seems initially when Wilma was bitten by the Quilting Bug I said as long as I am around enjoy the fun of your hobbies and never give thought to the cost I will meet that always to allow you to relax and pursue the fun without stress, reciprical feelings always have meant never any stress over my obsessive hobbies plural best friends for 63 yrs now prove its a good formula.

Peter.

Shaver

First Name
Tam
Missed the last 2 years, but will be at Harrowgate on Friday this year. Got some bits on the stalls with my name on them.:winking: Found that is the best way these days, it beats them being sold out.

Have been thinking of having a look at the Midland show, last time I was at Harrowgate it was manic, all part of the fun though.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I have a question to those of who have been to Harrogate before. Does anyone know if there is usually anyone there selling pen mandrels? I want to get a Planet mandrel and I wasn't sure whether to wait for the show or just get one. I realise it's maybe a difficult one to answer as exhibitor s change but thought I'd ask anyway :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Each time i have been Ray, there has been a little stall selling Planet equipment, including mandrels .. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
I have managed to get next Thursday and Friday off work, i now have the dilemma of choosing what day to visit the show as i have never managed a Friday in all the years that i have been to the show .. Now is it Friday or Saturday, choices, choices .. :winking:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Go on the Friday for me and go on the Saturday for you, problem solved:thumbs:

Peter

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I have managed to get next Thursday and Friday off work, i now have the dilemma of choosing what day to visit the show as i have never managed a Friday in all the years that i have been to the show .. Now is it Friday or Saturday, choices, choices .. :winking:

I thought you were meeting me on the Saturday and fetching some corian !!!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I thought you were meeting me on the Saturday and fetching some corian !!!

It can't be one way Terry, make sure you give Jim some Jarrah in return:thumbs:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Just for future information I am hyper-allergic to Jarrah:thumbs:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).